• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ABT Peppers Options.

Started by Oldman, February 02, 2005, 03:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

If you like ABT; however, you find that the heat from jalapeno peppers is a little too much but yet want the  full flavor of a jalapeno then I suggest trying the Tam Jalapeno pepper. It is a milder jalapeno pepper.
More than likely you will have to grow them yourself, but they are easy to grow.
Here is a picture of one:

There is also the Senorite Hybrid which is a very mild version of the halapeno with only <b>400 Scoville units</b> as compaired to the <b>5000 Scoville units</b> of a regular jalapeno.

Another Great pepper is the Gypsy Hybrid <b>Not rated in Scoville units.</b> It is a sweet pepper. I'm not into hybrid plants; however, this one is excellent. While it is in the "Bell" family it is everything you wish a sweet (non-bell) banana pepper was. It is great for just eating fresh, stuffing, or roasting.
This is a Burpee hybrid. This what it looks like:

Now in the "Sweet Non-Bell Peppers" I would suggest a Cubanelle which is a Cuban pepper.

These turn from green to red as they mature. However, IMO once completely red some flavor is lost. I like to pick them just as it even looks like they are going to turn in color.
This is what one looks like.

Now for some hot non-Jalapeno peppers.
I would suggest the Cascabella it has a heat range of <b>1,500 to 4000 Scoville units.</b>  These are a little smaller than a jalapeno. You would normally see them as hot pickled peppers.
This is what they look like:

Now if you are into pain there is the Habanero (Red) with a staggering rating of <b>285,000 Scoville units!</b><font color="red"><b> This is 57 times hotter than a standard jalapeno.</b>
</font id="red">

I've grown all of these peppers and a hundred more. I do not eat or cook with the Habanero (Red.) When I pick them I wear gloves. When I puree them I wear full clothing; plus I use a full face respirator, and do it outside. I use this pepper in a mixture to control, kill certain types of pest in my garden.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

I don't mind the heat when they go in, it's fire that takes place when they come out[:0], if you know what I mean.............

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Cold Smoke

[:D][:D][:D

You floor me....!![:D]

Cold Smoke