Two pork butts - with pics

Started by pensrock, July 11, 2009, 07:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

OK, here is the end results. The one with Carolinia Treet injected and slathered on the outside is really good. There were pockets of the injection throughout the meat and I thought it was going to be too much. But once pulled and mixed together it was really good, nice flavor. The one with PYM and BBBR rub was also really good. The PYM butt had better bark than the CT. If I had to pick one as being the best?  ??? I do not know because each was really good but had different flavors. I'll do both again.

CT butt ready to be pulled.

CT butt pulled.

PYM/BBBR butt ready to be pulled.

PYM/BBBR butt pulled.

Now off to the store to pick up some really good buns and slaw! Can't wait for lunch.  :D
Now which kind of bbq sauce to use...... Icemans?  Raspberry/chipotle?  Shacks sauce?   
Decisions, decisions.  ;D Dang this smoking stuff is really hard! I better have an adult beverage with lunch as well.  ;D ;D

pensrock

Supper time, anyone care to join me?  ;D

pulled pork, raspberry/chiptole bbq sauce, slaw, corn.... Mmmmmmm

Mr Walleye

Ohhh Ya!

That's the money shot right there Pens!  8)

Looks fantastic!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

deb415611

Yup,  what Mr. Walleye said :D

NePaSmoKer

Pens

Ya ate without me  :D

Looks great

nepas

HawkeyeSmokes

Man, I'm jealous, on the road for work with a Whopper from Burger King. Sure sad compared to what your having.  :D Thanks for the great pics Pens.
HawkeyeSmokes

easyridinole

That looks great Pens! I have never tried it with slaw.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

pensrock

Ole, slaw on pulled pork is really good. I first had it in a small bbq shack in Ark. Been eating it that way ever since.

Nepas, Mike, Deb, Hawkeye, Ole, theres still leftovers if you get here soon enough.  ;D

easyridinole

I still have some pork leftover from the shoulders I did this weekend and I am going to have to try that. :)

Ole

Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

deb415611

Thanks Pens..... I'll have to make do with what I have here,  I can duplicate that sauce (I hope, haven't tried yet)....

pensrock

QuoteI can duplicate that sauce (I hope, haven't tried yet)....

Deb, its easy just follow the recipe, if I can do it I KNOW you can!   :)

OU812

Nice looking eats there.

Going to have a look around and see if I can find some of that Carolina Treet.

This ain't the first time I have herd of the stuff but I keep hearing of it more and more