• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked chicken salad

Started by RhinoDoc, February 09, 2005, 10:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhinoDoc

A while ago someone (Chez?) mentioned using smoked chicken for chicken salad, how popular it was. Well, last time I smoked a chicken, I smoked 4 extra breasts (chicken italiano from the Best Of site), vacuum sealed them, and took them out of the freezer last week. I had some pecans from last fall, chopped those up, chopped up the chicken, through in some mayo and crushed pineapples - HOLY COW! That may be just about the best thing I have tried since I got my smoker. It made plenty, but it still went quickly. If you haven't tried it, you really should. My wife is a big fan of the Chicken Salad at Jason's Deli, but this was much better.

Pete

birdboy

Yep, if I have spare room in the smoker I fill it up with chicken breasts then freeze em.  Pull them out, makes great sandwiches, salads, etc.  The bonus is that the flavor only gets better after that initial smoke !

Oldman

Sounds great.

When I have left over chicken I chop it up pretty fine and then add it to my wife's egg salad. Wait a day and then make a sandwich out of it.

I also take mullet (it is a fish) and smoke them and then make a fish spread for crackers.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Rhino,

I have ALWAYS raved about smoked chicken salad.  It is really special if you have to make it for a get togeter or something.  The last time was at Christmas at the In~Laws, they ate my sandwiches way before they ate the MIL's ribs.  It was the most consumed dish at the party. AND to me there was nothing special to it except the use of smoked(bone-in) chicken breast.  I like using bone-in, I think it gives it a better flavor the meat, skinless, boneless, chicken breast just doesn't cut it for me.  However I did buy some for this weekends try at CHaaCHeeBee's.  

I know BigSmoker seems to consume smoked chicken salad, I'm sure his recipe will sound better than mine.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

I'm not sure I ever make the same thing twice[:D].  I never write it down so who knows.  Last week I made some with maple smoked chicken breast.  The chicken was marinated in EVOO, fresh squeezed lime juice, cilantro and some sea salt and pepper.  I don't normally like the chicken heated up the next day so I almost always make chicken salad with the leftovers.  This particular combo was to say the least interesting.  My basic recipe is mayo, sweet pickle relish, a small amount of sour cream and 1/2 to 1/4 block(depending on how much chicken I have) really softened cream cheese.  A little sea salt and pepper to taste or some extra of what ever rub is on the chicken.  My wife dosen't like the extra rub cause she likes to add fruit and nuts to hers[xx(].  If you do the bacon wrapped ones a little of the bacon added as well might be good.  He!!, almost anything is better with bacon[:p][;)].  Happy Smokin'.

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />  ....Last week I made some with maple smoked chicken breast.....  <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
DARN YOU~~Jeff!
 <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If you do the bacon wrapped ones a little of the bacon added as well might be good. He!!, almost anything is better with bacon<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">You a baaad man.

Maybe I'll have to save a couple of the CHaCHeeBee's for some salad...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm not sure I ever make the same thing twice. I never write it down so who knows.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Me thinks we are on the same page more than not!!!!!!!!!
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

St. Helens Smoker

Some may call using this meat this way blasphemy, and I haven't had an oppurtunity to smoke any in my Bradley yet, but "chicken salad" made with smoked pheasant breast is something IMHO everybody should try at least once in a lifetime...some darned good eating!![:D]

JJC

Had a leftover ChaCheeB from the Super Bowl party (made with Greek dressing since I ran out of Italian) and made chicken salad out of it.  Used chopped smoked pistachios and mayo + S/P.  Mmmm mmmm good [:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The last time was at Christmas at the In~Laws, they ate my sandwiches way before they ate the MIL's ribs. It was the most consumed dish at the party. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Nothing sweeter than a culinary triumph![:)]
Tom

gotbbq

Another great use for smoked chicken saled - In with the mayo and whatever else you add, try a small amount of Pomegranate syrup.  It adds a sweet and tart flavor that goes great with the smokiness of the chicken.

gotbbq[^][^][^]