• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hanging Ribs?

Started by gotbbq, February 17, 2005, 01:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotbbq

Has anyone ever hung their ribs instead of using the grates?  Seems like an advantage in that you can use a whole rack instead of cutting in half. Also no turning but one end will be close to the heating element.  Any help appreciated-

gotbbq?[^][^][^]

JJC

Hi gotbbg,

Chez sells a terrific sausage hanging rack made by Smokin Rob that can be readily adapted to hang ribs.  Just go to your local hardware store and pick up some heavy-duty S-hooks instead of the small ones that come with the hanging rack.  That helps spread out the weight on the hooks and keeps the ribs from falling off as the meat gets tenderer. HTH,

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Let us know how this comes out.  I have the rack, but I picked up some bacon smoking hooks from Butcher Packer and thought I might give them a try with Smokehouse Rob's rack.  they have multiple hooks instead of just one.  Worried about the wt of of ribs becoming so tender they separate and fall. They do get very tender with a long smoke(At least I always hope they do).

http://www.butcher-packer.com/pg_hooks_bacon.htm

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

gotbbq

Thanks,  I'll order one from Chez Bubba.  I have a big tejas rig that I hang ribs from.  As long as yyou hook the ribs a few bones in, all is good.  I'll keep you posted.

Gotbbq

Quote[i

]Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />Let us know how this comes out.  I have the rack, but I picked up some bacon smoking hooks from Butcher Packer and thought I might give them a try with Smokehouse Rob's rack.  they have multiple hooks instead of just one.  Worried about the wt of of ribs becoming so tender they separate and fall. They do get very tender with a long smoke(At least I always hope they do).

http://www.butcher-packer.com/pg_hooks_bacon.htm

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.[/i]
[^]

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

for all you ginny pigs out there, if you bought a sausage rack, and feel that the hooks are too small for ribs, tell me how long they should be, or draw a picture and i will build some and send them to you to test out for free, intrade need to post back with some mouth watering pictures, [:D]

Leeroy

Doesn't the weight of the ribs, after becoming tender, cause them to fall apart and cause a mess??