• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Reading this Forum Can be Hazardous to Your Wealth!!!

Started by pkcdirect, August 13, 2009, 10:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkcdirect

Well while reading some of the threads yesterday I came across a thread (http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10685.0)  in which gbsorenson found a deal on a 6 rack digital model from ManVenture for $379.00.  Well I had to check and sure enough they have it for $376.32 so I bought one.  I now have the Original SS model that I found on Craig's list and am refurbishing and as soon as it gets here the 6 Rack Digital model.

The wife thinks I have lost my mind since I already have a Large Commercial Propane Smoker, the Bradley Original SS model, a New Braunfels Horizontal SB Smoker, a New Braunfels Vertical Water Smoker, and several gas grills.

I can hardly wait for it to arrive...

They still had 6 left at that price if anyone is interested...   http://www.manventureoutpost.com/outdoor/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52_53&products_id=8102
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

Mr Walleye

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Boy ain't that the truth Pkcdirect!  ;)

Ya just can't have enough "Toyools"!  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

sherlock

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys...........

8)

Caneyscud

pkcdirect, I don't understand the problem!   ;D ;D ;D I think I have 8 or 9 around!  and am lusting after another big trailer mounted one.  I sure hate this bad economy and being "underemployed"!  Hard time buying more toys right now!  >:( >:( :'(
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pkcdirect

Quote from: Caneyscud on August 14, 2009, 06:46:22 PM
pkcdirect, I don't understand the problem!   ;D ;D ;D I think I have 8 or 9 around!  and am lusting after another big trailer mounted one.  I sure hate this bad economy and being "underemployed"!  Hard time buying more toys right now!  >:( >:( :'(

You must be single, or have an understanding wife... LOL  Mine isn't...
Paul    

Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

gbsorenson

Glad I could help you out! I always enjoy sending other peoples money.  ;D

mikecorn.1

Dam, I paid more for a 4 rack digital than you got a 6 rack for.  :'(  Some guys have all the luck.  ;D
Mike

pkcdirect

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on August 15, 2009, 02:07:40 PM
Dam, I paid more for a 4 rack digital than you got a 6 rack for.  :'(  Some guys have all the luck.  ;D

gbsorenson gets the thanks,  I wouldn't have known about the ManVenture Outpost or the price of the 6 rack were it not for his post...
Paul    

Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

Caneyscud

Quote from: pkcdirect on August 15, 2009, 07:59:31 AM
pkcdirect, I don't understand the problem!  ;D ;D ;D I think I have 8 or 9 around!  and am lusting after another big trailer mounted one.  I sure hate this bad economy and being "underemployed"!  Hard time buying more toys right now!  >:( >:( :'(

You must be single, or have an understanding wife... LOL  Mine isn't...
Well other than having one or two smokers she doesn't know about, she has been pretty understanding - she likes barbecue and ribs!  Only thing she asked is that I did not go on the contest circuit - don't make enough money to do that or have enough time not doing things she plans for me!!  Luckily, I have patience to shop for the deal, and have been able to buy most of them for a fraction of MSRP.  I have a couple of really, really good fly rods she doesn't know about either - well, she doesn't know how much I paid for them - and now I can get a pro deal, she will never know.  Sometimes not knowing is safer!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  She knows all about my other toys, Nikons, big lenses, watercolor paints and brushes, lathes, woodworking tools, carving chisels, old,old bibles and religion books, civil war diaries, FOOD, my mac, flyfishing, old books, fly tying feathers, cookbooks, etc....God did not make me with enough time to do all I want to do!!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pkcdirect

Quote from: Caneyscud on August 15, 2009, 07:56:45 PM
Quote from: pkcdirect on August 15, 2009, 07:59:31 AM
pkcdirect, I don't understand the problem!   ;D ;D ;D I think I have 8 or 9 around!  and am lusting after another big trailer mounted one.  I sure hate this bad economy and being "underemployed"!  Hard time buying more toys right now!  >:( >:( :'(

You must be single, or have an understanding wife... LOL  Mine isn't...
Well other than having one or two smokers she doesn't know about, she has been pretty understanding - she likes barbecue and ribs!  Only thing she asked is that I did not go on the contest circuit - don't make enough money to do that or have enough time not doing things she plans for me!!  Luckily, I have patience to shop for the deal, and have been able to buy most of them for a fraction of MSRP.  I have a couple of really, really good fly rods she doesn't know about either - well, she doesn't know how much I paid for them - and now I can get a pro deal, she will never know.  Sometimes not knowing is safer!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  She knows all about my other toys, Nikons, big lenses, watercolor paints and brushes, lathes, woodworking tools, carving chisels, old,old bibles and religion books, civil war diaries, FOOD, my mac, flyfishing, old books, fly tying feathers, cookbooks, etc....God did not make me with enough time to do all I want to do!!!
Sounds as though we are a lot alike with our collections...  The wife says I have too many woodworking tools that because of health I can no longer use and wants me to get rid of them...  I just hate to.
Paul    

Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

bluefrog

Saw amention of this at "soking_meat.com" forums and ordered one also.  What hte hey it's only money.

pkcdirect

Quote from: bluefrog on August 16, 2009, 10:37:34 AM
Saw amention of this at "soking_meat.com" forums and ordered one also.  What hte hey it's only money.

That's what I figured.  Besides It is one hell of a price... $222.68 off MSRP. Or 37.1% OFF MSRP...
Paul    

Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER