• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New 6 Rack Came Today!

Started by pop_rivit, July 02, 2009, 02:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pop_rivit

I've had a Bradley Original Smoker for a while now, but it met an untimely demise due to a combination of wife, car, garage, wrong gear and a little too much acceleration.

So after I shed a lot of tears for the dearly departed smoker, I managed to use guilt talk my wife into the purchase of a new replacement Bradley.  There was actually no question that we'd replace it-she was as devistated by the loss as I was.

Fast forward to today.  The FedEx truck rumbled up the driveway, out jumped the cute as a button lady driver, and she set my new Bradley 6 rack in the garage.  Like a kid at Christmas I unwrapped the packaging and took out the absolutely beautiful piece of artwork also called the 6 rack digital smoker.  Are they kidding?  This thing is way to pretty to mess up with smoke!  The quality is fantastic, the controls simple and intuitive, and the assembly a no-brainer.

It's already seasoned and a pork butt will be in tomorrow morning.  2 weeks is WAY too long to be without a Bradley!

OU812

Congrad's on getting your new smoker just in time for the weekend. To bad your other one had such an early demise.

Don't no if you no this or not but the digital timer for the heating element will only go for 9 hr 40 min then shut down. So if your doing a butt you will want to reset the timer before you go to bed if your doing an overnight smoke.

I have the same smoker and love it.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

poop-rivit,  I like your style and thinking, expecially after such an untimely and devastating loss!  New Toys are fun.  But, alas, my FedEx driver has hairy legs! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

gbsorenson

My new 6 rack just arrived today too. I ordered it Monday from manventure outpost and it's already on my front porch! Just did the standard shipping too. I was really pretty nervous about ordering from them, $379 seemed to cheap for a digital 6 rack, but it was shipped the same day as I ordered it and arrived in perfect shape. I haven't tried to fire her up yet, planning on seasoning it in the morning but unfortunately we are planning on being gone the rest of the weekend to it'll be next week before I can actually use it.  :(

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum gbsorenson!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

gbsorenson

Thanks! I didn't mean to hijack somebody's thread, just excited to get my Bradley. Seasoning it as I type. ;D

OU812

Welcome to the fun gbsorenson.
$379 for a BDS is dammmmmmmm cheap.

mikecorn.1

Mike

gbsorenson

Here's a couple of pix, the second one you can see the smoke rolling out.

gbsorenson

opps, guess I don't know how to do that. Sorry, pix later.

gbsorenson

Ok, today will be my first attempt with the new Bradley. I thawed out two roast over the weekend in the fridge, one pork roast and one beef, both about 4 to 5 lbs. Did a rub on them last evening, then back in the fridge, this morning I have them out to get up to room temp. My plan is to smoke them for 3 hrs. with hickory, temp at 200, then foil wrap to finish them off raising temp to 225, hoping they will be done in about 8 hrs total. I will be taking pictures along the way but may need help to post them, haven't been able to figure that out yet. Do my cook times seem reasonable?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: gbsorenson on July 10, 2009, 06:06:05 AM
opps, guess I don't know how to do that. Sorry, pix later.

To post pictures you first need to upload them to a hosting site, or your own websit (if you have one) then provide a link to them. The easiest way is to us a free hosting site like photobucket.

Here is an easy tutural to follow.
How to Post Photos

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)