• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ack! OBS arrived damaged!

Started by kitchendad, August 20, 2009, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitchendad

My new OBS just arrived from Amazon slightly damaged.  There is a small crack in the base just above the temperature slider.  So do I go through the bother of sending it back?

Any thoughts?
Just a dad cooking for the family.

FLBentRider

It depends.

The OBS can develop a crack there anyway, and do you want to wait for another one...

I would worry more about the frame and structure than the plastic myself.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

smokeitall

Depends on how many sleepless nights you want to wait for another one to come in.
SIa

kitchendad

mikecorn.1

As long as it doesnt affect the performance of the smoker, i would have also kept it.
Mike

muzzletim

Mine was cracked when I brought it home. It has never affected its performance!
Tim

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: kitchendad on August 20, 2009, 05:43:48 PM
My new OBS just arrived from Amazon slightly damaged.  There is a small crack in the base just above the temperature slider.  So do I go through the bother of sending it back?

Any thoughts?

Hi KD

Your smoker is under warranty call the office and tell them your smoker arrived with a crack in the face plate they will send you a new face plate

Brian

kitchendad

Wow!  +1 for customer service.

mikecorn.1

WOW!! Ya cant beat that customer service there.  :o
Mike

KyNola

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!  Brian you are absolutely the man.  Hey Dad, now you know why you made the right decision to buy a Bradley.  Have you ever had anyone from a company contact you the day something arrived and said "I've got your back on this"?

This is what it's all about.

KyNola

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: kitchendad on August 20, 2009, 05:43:48 PM

Any thoughts?

You may want to read the following link before installing your new face plate.

Cracked Faceplate

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Hopefull Romantic

I second what Ky posted and it is very comforting to know the calibar of comapny we are dealing with.

I hate to do this to you kitchendad but I do have to mention this on behalf of Bradley and their dealers. My BDS6 was shipped from Canada to the UK and then onward to Jordan and arrived without even a scratch.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.