Nepas Spicy Sticks

Started by DOUG3D, January 22, 2010, 06:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOUG3D

Hey guys, just got my new dual probe this week and looking forward to trying these Spicy Sticks! Was just wondering if I make a 5Lb. batch with venison, what ratio of venison to pork butt? Has anyone ever tried adding a high temp cheese to this recipe? Can soy protein be substituted for non dry fat milk in the same ratio? Sorry to be a pain-still a newbie!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: DOUG3D on January 22, 2010, 06:16:59 PM
Hey guys, just got my new dual probe this week and looking forward to trying these Spicy Sticks! Was just wondering if I make a 5Lb. batch with venison, what ratio of venison to pork butt? Has anyone ever tried adding a high temp cheese to this recipe? Can soy protein be substituted for non dry fat milk in the same ratio? Sorry to be a pain-still a newbie!

you can do 4lbs venison and 1 lb pork butt.

yes you can add hight temp cheese and use soy protein.

The credit for this recipe goes to pensrock.

DOUG3D

Thanks for the quick response! Are there any tweeks to this recipe or she good as it is?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: DOUG3D on January 22, 2010, 06:26:41 PM
Thanks for the quick response! Are there any tweeks to this recipe or she good as it is?

I added more heat to mine. Next batch i think i'm going to add some dried jalapeno. Tweek away  ;D

DOUG3D

I'm not looking to re-invent the wheel I trust you seasoned veterans! I was once told experience is your best teacher!

love the smoke

I just got done with a batch of Gregs sticks and they are not TOO spicy but everyone who eats them say they have a little kick dont they
LTS

pensrock

Last batch I made, I added a little extra black pepper, chipotle pepper and cayenne pepper. About 1/2 tsp each.