• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

SquirtTheCat your gonna love this

Started by BigJohnT, January 30, 2010, 06:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

SquirtTheCat,

The plot thickens. When Scott added the domain for Smoke & Stuff to his Godaddy account he did it over the phone. When they asked him if he wanted the registration info private he said yes. Godaddy has another company that handles that and to log in to change from private to public so it can be transferred you have to have a different login name and password which was never given to Scott. Now the good part... to get it released takes 60 days after you submit a form with a picture of your photo id...

To prevent a transfer of your domain you just lock it. Everywhere else you just unlock then transfer...then lock it back. I don't think this has anything to do with transfer fraud prevention.

JT having fun on the internet and learning lots of new things  ;D

squirtthecat

Faxes of Photo IDs????

How very 1980!

smokeitall

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 31, 2010, 05:42:14 AM

SIA, we'll wave back!

I'm usually on the road heading up I-55 about 5:50AM..    Look for a white Sebring with someone asleep at the wheel.  :D

I should be somewhere between Bloomington and Joliet at that time....also partially asleep  :)
SIA

squirtthecat

Quote from: smokeitall on January 31, 2010, 04:33:12 PM
I should be somewhere between Bloomington and Joliet at that time....also partially asleep  :)
SIA

Good lord..   When do you sleep??

BigJohnT

SquirtTheCat

Scott finally got the domain name unlocked so we could transfer it. He had to go and request a new password for the domain locking place because they set it up and didn't tell him what the password was. Anyhow things are moving again for the domain name transfer.

JT