• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Taking the jump this weekend.

Started by LFord, May 04, 2005, 02:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />
Auhhh, found smoething great for my lonesome grill....All it seems to get used for is a few burgers and some Portabellas.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That I do not doubt MW, considering you even smoke asparagus.  Next time you're feeling sorry for you grill, consider curing a loin for smoked pork chops.  I'd offer to send you some T-bones, but I'd probably be arrested[:0]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

psdubl07

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />I did not know what it was...now I do~~~! [^]

Olds, if you've ever had the Vietnamese dish Bun, the chicken/pork often has been marinated using five spice powder.  It has a very unique flavor and can be overpowering, but in the right amount in the right dish is wonderful!

JJC

WTG, LF!  It's great to have such a success right out of the starting gate [:p]

Since I work in the Chinatown district of Boston, we're blessed with more than 60 Asian restaurants and a dozen Asian supermarkets.  My Chinese friends tell me that Five Spice is kind of like Indian curry--each is composed of several different ingredients, but depending on the mix and quality of each ingredient the taste can be very different.  I guess that's well-known to curry lovers, but apparently Asians have very specific allegiances to particular brands of Five Spice, or make their own.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

LFord

You are right about the 5 spice powder JJC, it is like chili powder, Ras El Hanout, and curry powder in that there are different blends and some people swear by one mix and consider any others a waste of time. I imagine that they "discuss" the good and bad points of different blends just as some in the States talk about dry rubs and BBQ sauces.

Fermentation and civilization are inseperable-John Ciardi

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />
Auhhh, found smoething great for my lonesome grill....All it seems to get used for is a few burgers and some Portabellas.
That I do not doubt MW, considering you even smoke asparagus.  Next time you're feeling sorry for you grill, consider curing a loin for smoked pork chops.  I'd offer to send you some T-bones, but I'd probably be arrested[:0]

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB

I'm getting it from all angles on getting some Bacon[:p]/Loin[:p] in the pipeline.  Thick cut loin on the grill does sound great. Week and a half left of school---I'd be doing some Jalepeno.  

Now about those steaks, I'd be will'n to give it a try.[:)]

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

whitetailfan

I don't think I'd be able to acquire the export permit.  You'll have to consume the steak up here (if and when you get that goose hunt organized).

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.