• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sausage stuffers.

Started by RAF128, May 04, 2010, 02:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

RAF, that sucks.  Try LeBaron.  They have a lot of that stuff although the selection might be better in the spring or fall.
There is a place in Markham called "YES".  They sell processing supplies.  See if that helps.  There is always Halfords in Alberta
or stuffers or that place in Sask someone was talking about.

Good luck with this.  I will be curious to see what you get in the end. 
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

RAF128

Halfords is a someplace I hadn't thought of.   A few years ago they sent me a catelog out of the blue.    Seems they're pretty pricey though but I'll check their site.

oakville smoker

You could try Stuffers.  The other place is Ryteks ( Sausage ?  cannot remember second word )   place in Buffalo but then you are looking at freight, duty and taxes.  Gets expensive
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

RAF128

I just checked Halfords site.   They have 'em but no prices ???.   I guess if you have to ask, you can't afford it.    If prices are anything like their others, I'd need to take out a new morgage.   An example is a Bradley OBS.    $499.00 :o  Think I'll take another look at L.E.M. and bite the bullet.

RAF128

Stuffer ordered from LEM.   Also order the stainless tube for doing snack sticks.   Shipping price not bad so I'm over by $20 over the cancelled order.   There is going to be exchange on the dollar but that's not a big issue since the dollar is almost at par.   Brokerage fees, well, we don't know about that yet.   

ArnieM

Hard to believe it's so difficult to get a stuffer.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  These things really work well.

I got my grinder and stuffer at the same place.  The grinder came.  The stuffer showed "Billing info received" for several days.  So, I called them.  They said "Gee, it's still sitting here."  They offered to get it out and drop the shipping charge.  I asked them to get it out "Next day shipping" AND drop the shipping charge.  Done.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KevinG

That's the way to get tough!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

RAF128

When I order they were back order to May 23, I believe.    Since then I've checked and they were backordered until June 23.   Figured I'd never get it.   Today got an e-mail from LEM asking how I'd like it shipped.   They gave me a couple of choices and the associated costs.   I chose UPS.    I'll still be responsible for taxes, duties and some brokerage fees when it gets here.    I'm guessing that this e-mail means they now have them in stock.

RAF128

After my last post I got to wondering if the stuffers were in stock.    So to satisfy my curiosty I checked their site and sure enough, no mention of being back ordered.   Should be getting it soon, I hope.    Don't know how long it'll take 'cause I'm leaving the city for a couple of weeks of R & R at my cabin.   I'll be leaving on the 25th.   Oh well, there'll be a notice on the door and I'll stick my kids with the extra charges ;D.   Chances are their mother won't allow that and I'll have to pay them back.    How come she doesn't come to my rescue when I get stuck with some of their expenses ???.

RAF128

This morning when I checked my e-mail there was another message from L.E.M. about my stuffer.   I gathered it had been sent so I expected it sometime next week.     This afternoon I was sitting and watching the US Open coverage and all of a sudden a big brown truck pulled up in front.    Well, my stuffer is here.    Had a quick look in the box and everything there including the extra tube for beer sticks.    Have partially disassembled it and will was it later.     Now I have to decided what it's first job will be ;).    I leaning towards another Thuringer sausage but it might have to wait.    Next week I'll be busy getting ready for our holidays.   Oh well, it'll be here when I get back.

classicrockgriller

You fought a tough Battle and won!

Congrats on the stuffer.

RAF128

I put the canister in the sink along with the other parts to give them a wash.    Everything is covered in grease.   Hot water and soap didn't do much so I gave them a 2nd wash.    Still feels greasy.   Put the canister, and plunger in the dishwasher and set it to sanitize and turned it loose.   Seems pretty clean now and not greasy.    Tomorrow I'll bolt it down to a piece of old counter top and it'll be ready to go.

ArnieM

Sounds like it was coated in a food-grade grease.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.