• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sausage stuffers.

Started by RAF128, May 04, 2010, 02:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

Right now I've go a 25 lb Enterprise stuffer.   I've shown it before.

It works great.  The only draw back is it's heavy, and very hard to clean.   I wish I could take it apart easily for cleaning.   I think I'm going to order up a new one.    Have been looking at the L.E.M. 5 lb one.   Might be a little small but quite often I only make small batches and if what I've read about them they're easy to fill.   I like the idea that it al stainless steal and has an air valve.    Decided I'm going to get one but it's on back order until the end of the month.   Amazon has them and doesn't say anything about back order but they're 2 - 3 weeks before they ship.   Amazon is a little cheaper, $9.00 but I'll have duties and brokerage fees when it get here.  L.E.M. takes care of the  brokerage fees, which I pay up front.    I should pull the trigger on one soon so my order will be there when they get them.   
I could sell the old one and make a few bucks in the process but I think I'll keep it let visitor admire it.
I'm wondering what it's going to cost to ship it.   Oh well.   We do have an L.E.M. dealer in the city but his price is out of line IMO.   Bought my grinder from him, 1/2 hp L.E.M and paid double what they cost online.

Tenpoint5

Could always go with a Grizzly where your not paying for a name. There has been a pile of meat put through mine and I haven't had a problem. Plastic gears and all.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: RAF128 on May 04, 2010, 02:30:11 PM
Right now I've go a 25 lb Enterprise stuffer.   I've shown it before.

It works great.  The only draw back is it's heavy, and very hard to clean.   I wish I could take it apart easily for cleaning.   I think I'm going to order up a new one.    Have been looking at the L.E.M. 5 lb one.   Might be a little small but quite often I only make small batches and if what I've read about them they're easy to fill.   I like the idea that it al stainless steal and has an air valve.    Decided I'm going to get one but it's on back order until the end of the month.   Amazon has them and doesn't say anything about back order but they're 2 - 3 weeks before they ship.   Amazon is a little cheaper, $9.00 but I'll have duties and brokerage fees when it get here.  L.E.M. takes care of the  brokerage fees, which I pay up front.    I should pull the trigger on one soon so my order will be there when they get them.   
I could sell the old one and make a few bucks in the process but I think I'll keep it let visitor admire it.
I'm wondering what it's going to cost to ship it.   Oh well.   We do have an L.E.M. dealer in the city but his price is out of line IMO.   Bought my grinder from him, 1/2 hp L.E.M and paid double what they cost online.

You can ship that to me. I'll give it a great home  ;D

ArnieM

Great looking machine RAF.

I got my LEM 5# stuffer here:  http://meatprocessingproducts.com/lem606.html

Enter coupon code MPP2010 at checkout and it's $10 off.  Don't know about the shipping though.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

RAF128

That's the other place I looked but theirs is also backordered.

oakville smoker

RAF

I picked  mine up from Princess Auto.  Sounds weird yes.  But it works great.
Shipping was minimal from Winnipeg. 
It has a crank and air valve and is super easy to clean.  I dont have enough product left in the bottom of mine after stuffing to fill a cavity.
Highly recommended.

5 pound or 10....   well I got the 5.  At some point I wished I got the 10.  However to re fill the container 2 or 3 times is not the end of the world
and I dont know that I would be doing huge loads enough to justify the extra expense.
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

RAF128

I remember someone mentioning Princes Auto before and was going to look.   Their store is less than a mile from me.   
Was it a L.E.M.?   If not, is it stainless and what make?    I'll drop in there later today to have a look.

oakville smoker

RAF

It was me that mentioned that way back when
Its all stainless, piston type, vertical stuffer with a crank
I cannot qute remember who the manufacturer is but its very similar to a LEM
It comes with three stuffer tubes but I had to buy one for snack stix

One day I cranked about 20 pounds of salami through it in about 30 minutes
Another day I cranked 5 pounds of snak stix through in less than that

No buyers remorse and I am very happy I took the plunge and bought this
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Rich_91360

I have the LEM 5 LB and am very pleased.  All metal gears, very easy to clean, fits in dishwasher.

I also usually place the empty canister in the freezer and then after I load with the ground meat it keeps the misture cold throughout the process.

Misplaced the wing nut that attahces the handle, contacted LWEM and they shipped overnight at no cost to me. Highly recommned

RAF128

OS.  I just came back from the local Princess Auto.    No stuffers there.   I looked on line and found it.   $119.   I see it comes with 3 stuffer tubes.    What sizes are they and  is there one to do snack sticks?

RAF128

I just ordered the one from Princess Auto.   It looks just like the L.E.M. except it has nylon gears.    It was $119 Canadian so no exchange to worry about.   Shipping and handling was $13.50 and of course the dreaded sales tax and GST.   There won't be any duties or brokerage fees.   Only concern is the stuffing tubes of which there are 3.   If it doesn't have one for snack sticks I wing it.   I have a couple, one plastic and one stainless steel and am sure they can be adapted to fit.   Now I have to hurry up and wait :D

ArnieM

Congrats RAF.  I got the LEM because of the metal gears, in case one of my helpers got a little agressive.

How much you wanna bet they're all made in the same factory in China.
-- Arnie

oakville smoker

RAF

I bought a SS tube from Bass Pro  ( a LEM ) for stuffing snak stix
The other tubes are great for anything bigger
I have not had any trouble with my gears, I make sure I am theone cranking and a little common sense goes a long way

I love mine, I am sure you will love yours

And their guarantee is that they are not happy until you are

RAF128

Sometimes plans fall apart :-\.   This afternoon I got a phone call from Princess Auto.   Seems they don't have the stuffer and won't get them for at least a couple of months.   Wanted to know if I wanted to cancell my order.   Told them yes.
Now I'll have to take a 2nd look at the LEM

ArnieM

Bummer.  I looked around for the LEM and it's pretty much the same thing - all back ordered.  Earliest estimated delivery was the end of May and some places won't ship to Canada.

Either there has been a real run on 'em or the factory burned down.  >:(
-- Arnie