• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

A jewel for the Fourth

Started by Consiglieri, July 03, 2010, 09:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

Pulled out some of the Soppin' Sauce reserves for a very special Fourth of July.   For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, this is a "home brewed" BBQ sauce made by Iceman, from Wasilla, AK (home of Sarah Palin).   

Well, Sister Sarah just spoke at our local university, California State University of Stanislaus, amid some controversy.  To celebrate the fourth, and freedom of speech, I broke out some of this prize reserve.  I love America and the fact that all can share their thoughts without threat of government action.   We're all better off through an exchange of ideas, even if we disagree with the speakeer. 

Pulled pork here for fireworks.   Thanks Ice.  Thanks founding fathers.  Cheers.   
Consiglieri

ArnieM

I still have some Sop'n Sauce left.  I have to guard it because Debbie (wife) wants to drink it.  Really great stuff.

Maybe Sarah can go shoot at a squirrel or something.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Happy 4th Consiglieri!

I have Heard and Dreamed of Iceman's Sauce.

What a great time to bring it out!

deb415611

Happy 4th Consig

I have one jar left and it's coming out today :D

FLBentRider

Nice to hear from you again Consigs.

How you been?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

standles

Funny how we all have the "reserve" stash.    Sadly mine is down to 1/2 a bottle.  Always had a problem with temptation.

Have we made any headway on getting ICEMAN to share the recipe yet ?  ;)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: standles on July 04, 2010, 07:02:21 AM
Funny how we all have the "reserve" stash.    Sadly mine is down to 1/2 a bottle.  Always had a problem with temptation.

Have we made any headway on getting ICEMAN to share the recipe yet ?  ;)

Last I remember hearing is that Iceman was thinking about making a batch for the forum. If I remember right he has been busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest though.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Consiglieri

2010 has been a weird year, but all is well out here.  Good to see some familiar names in this place.  Everyone have a great time today.
Consiglieri

TestRocket

Looks like all of you are familiar with yourselves and that just leaves everyone else wondering what is the inside scoop on getting some of this famed sauce?

ArnieM

The "famed sauce" is likely not currently available.  I spoke with Iceman (Pat) a few weeks ago.  He's spending a lot of time on the road.  His wife (Ann) has to commute to Anchorage.  They don't have time for the sauce.

I don't have much sauce left but at least I have my apron  ;D

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Welcome back Consig.

I missed this post the first time around.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Consiglieri

Thanks, Habs.  I am surviving the BBQ food day after.  The guests mowed it all down.  Now I need to find something fun to wind out the long weekend.
Consiglieri