• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

HELP!....Cooked too fast?! Now what...

Started by RobG4, July 10, 2010, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Yeah, same here...
Your Bradley must have came with the optional 5000 watt element!    :D

Your reheat plan sounds like a good one.

RobG4

While pulling it, it definitely fell right apart. There was still some fatty pieces in it that might could have used some more time to melt in.

One thing I was thinking, of the two 10 lb butts, this one was long & lean, the other was more thick & square shaped. That might be why this one achieved such high internal temps so quickly.

I hope it's done! It looks, feels, and tastes done. I don't want to make a bunch of folks sick tomorrow heh!

KyNola

Your reheat plan sounds good.  From your description it sounds done to me but just to be sure overnight some of it to me and I will test it for you! :D

Habanero Smoker

With the probe hanging from the top rack, the bottom rack was exposed to higher temperatures; probably closer to 260°F - 275°F. You are getting good temperatures from your smoker.

Thickness will play a role in how soon it will get done. If it pulls easy then it is tender. I reheat mine similar to the way you do it, but I use an oven temperature of 350°F, and will stir the meat once during the reheating time.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)