Rib Arrangement

Started by Bad Flynch, July 02, 2005, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Flynch

Is there, somewhere on this forum, a picture or description of how ribs are stacked or arranged in the Bradley. I have considered bacon hanging racks, etc., but would like something simpler if possible. Might it be different for full racks of ribs versus baby back ribs versus St. Louis style ribs?  Thanks.

B.F.
B.F.

tsquared

I think Chez sells a special rib rack. Try Chezbubba.com--he'll set you up. He is currently being held incommunicado by a group of radical vegitarians but I'm sure he will eventually escape to rejoin us fellow smokers.
T2

nsxbill

I have cut BB in half and put two per shelf flat.  I use ribs I get from Military Commissary.  They have these premium Hormel packages that are super meaty.   I have rolled entire side into circle and pinned w/stainless pins, and have hung half sides from the rack mentioned.  I like the hanging approach.  I hate to clean shelves and don't have to rotate shelves, just change the water bowl after 4 hours.  I drape bacon over sides for the moisture and flavor, and keep the smoke slow.  Good results now every time.

I use a vacuum tumbler to marinate in my marinade du jour - different every time., and even though I don't have to, I leave in refrigerator all night in the tumbler.  Out in the a.m. while pre-heating smoker(s) about an hour.  I put on some Dizzy pig rub of choice, and then in they go.  I cook to internal temp.  Cabinet temp 205-210° F. no more.  I have two Bradleys and use both if cooking up more than 5-6# at a time.

I allow time to come to temp.  Then out into foil with sauce inside.  Some use apple juice.  Into FTC for a couple of hours and voila.  Rib heaven.  Beer helps you be patient.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Bad Flynch

Thank you gents, I'll try to incorporate these ideas. I have two bacon hanging racks and the Chez Bubba rack, so adaptation is the order of the day.

Too bad that I'm too far from a commissary to use my card regularly.

B.F.
B.F.