• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Rib Puck Question(PICS ADDED)

Started by johnk5555, December 12, 2010, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnk5555

I have two pork back ribs to smoke today. Going to do 3-2-1 method. I forgot to check my pucks and I only have cherry and maple ??? Still waiting for delivery of my apple, hickory and mesquite. Any one ever smoke ribs with cherry or maple? If not what would you expierenced smokers try ;D ;D

Thanks for the help!
John

pensrock

I think I would try the cherry. But I'm sure the maple would be good as well.

johnk5555

I was thnkin 2 cherry and 1 maple per hour?

KyNola

That will work John.  Light 'em up!

johnk5555

Here they are after the first 3 hours at 220-225! I used Bad Byrons Butt Rub. I forgot to take before pics :o

Sailor

Looking might good.  I think I can smell them clear down here in Florida.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ADH

TestRocket

Looking like you're on the right track to me!  ;D

johnk5555

BBQ sauce ready to go! Will post pics when I baste them and when they are done. Thanks for the positive feedback guys! ;D

johnk5555

Here we are after 2 hours covered at 200deg for 2 hours. Basted with BBQ sauce and now back in for the last hour. How long should I let them rest.

johnk5555

Here they are done! 3 hours. Pucked stacked 2 cherries, 1 maple..... 2 hours wrapped with some apple juice, 1 hour basted with Bulls Eye Original mixed with some red pepper flakes. I subscribe to Cokks Illustrated and Bulls Eye won their taste test for best bottled sauce so I thougt I would try it. Keep in mind they only sample about 10-12 different sauces, some national some regional.
1.) Had a great smokey smell!
2.) Looked great
3.) Nice light smoke taste with a little bit of sweeetness, little bit of heat from the red pepper flakes.
4.) Pulled right off the bone as you bit into them, very tender, melted in your mouth.
5.) Wife said they were well cooked savory ribs ::) She said sometimes smoked meat have that overwelming smoke flavor and these did not ::)

Here is a picture of my new motorcycle for you riders on this forum!

jiggerjams

Ribs look great. Bike looks fast. The perfect tool for making that emergency run to get more ribs!!

Caneyscud

Great looking ribs.  Glad the wife was pleased!  Lift goes better that way!

I think I saw one of those go past me the other day probably going 150 or so.  It was a blur.

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Great Looking Ribs and when Momma is happy everyone is happy. Well Done.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Great looking ribs, looks like you got it down, when mamas happy daddy is happy.  ;)

Got passed by one of those kinda bikes this summer he was on one wheel and I was doin 70 mph.