• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

timming on ribs ?

Started by love the smoke, December 18, 2010, 08:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

I have been elected to do ribs for Christmas dinner next week sunday at my parents house at noon need to do 9 racks , I want to smoke them here at my house but need a little input on when i should cook them and how far to cook them.

Am probably going to do the 3-2-1- method, I was thinking about doing the 3-2 and then refrigerate and do the 1 and gram-ma, I want them to taste as good as they can without being "fresh" off the smoker

Or maybe do the 3 at home re-fridge and do the 2-1 at Moms in the oven or on moms gasser

I really cant do all at moms because all she has is 1 small gasser and I really want to smoke them but really don't feel like taking all my smoker equipment over there

LTS
LTS

Sorce

How far is your mom's house? I've done ribs here, and then FTC'd them and took them to my parents house (about 20 mins away). FTC should be good for a couple hours.

Also I normally do my saucing on the grill so that's always an option too, smoke and cook, ftc, sauce and onto the grill to finish. Either way if it's not a long trip FTC is your friend. And if you aren't familiar with FTC it means foil towel cooler, I double wrap mine in foil, double wrap them in towels, then into the cooler, they'll stay hot like that for a while.

Tenpoint5

LTS I am thinking that you could do the 3,2 then stack the ribs onto a heavy cookie sheet tent with foil then do the one once you get to Mom's house. Might even be able to slide them into the oven and do them that way and serve the sauce on the side.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

if your moms house is less then an hour away,  smoke and cook all at your  home and FTC till you  get to your  moms

love the smoke

Well moms only 10-12 miles away, but maybe getting old or dont really want to get up all that early but if I finish all the way here and FTC until we eat I will need to be up at 5-6 oclock (would like to visit a little before we eat )

I was thinking doing the "3" here maybe the night before let cool fridgerate,

Then take to moms house and do the "2" in the oven while we visit nad maybe the "1" on the gasser
or maybe the 1 in the oven also
?

LTS
LTS