• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Someone suggested AVG anti-virus!

Started by Quarlow, March 13, 2011, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mybad

NOD32 is one of the best. Not like Norton, or Mcafee, has a very small footprint, on your machine. You should use some sort of firewall, and an antivirus at all times, keeping them up to date as well. Try using Firefox browser too it may help you.

Malwarebytes.org like the poster said above is a life saver. If you ever get in a mess, go here http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup and follow the directions for crapware virus removal. I have been a member there for 11yrs, and these guys are on top of stuff like this.

muebe

Also I forgot to mention that Housecall from TrendMicro is a great & free online scanner that you do not need to install on your system. I have removed many nasty trojan horse viruses from customer's computers using Housecall while running in safemode with networking. You can get it here...

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

FLBentRider

We've use AVG on several machines and didn't have that problem.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

hal4uk

Q, I'm a professional "WinBlows" software developer.

I run Kaspersky Anti-Virus Suite.
Have for years.
No complaints yet.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

mybad

Quote from: hal4uk on March 13, 2011, 09:50:10 PM
Q, I'm a professional "WinBlows" software developer.

I run Kaspersky Anti-Virus Suite.
Have for years.
No complaints yet.

That's a top notch proggy as well, one of the best.

ArnieM

I've been using MS Security Essentials for some time without any problems.  OTOH, I don't know if it's doing anything.  :-\
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Quarlow

All good stuff guys. I think the problem was that my service provider (Telus) which is our landline, cablevision,cell phone and internet provider have their own security setup so I think the AVG conflicted with it. Once I got rid of the AVG all was fine again. But thanks for all the good info evryone.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.