• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Cheesy Time

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 12, 2011, 04:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on May 13, 2011, 09:22:05 AM
QuotePens, you've got a LOAD to smoke.
yea and I also picked up a couple pounds of pistachios to do.

Rick, the block of garlic cheese cost $23.00. $4.60/lb.

YIKES  :D

I will more than likely get some.

Got 4 more to smoke up tomorrow.

KyNola

5 pounds of gouda and 4 pounds of white cheddar smoked for 3 hours and vac sealed away today.  Man, this retirement life is rough! ;)  Got 3 pastrami flats to smoke this weekend and Jan just told me she is needing some smoked salmon too. (Oh, OK if you really want me to :D)  WooHoo!

NePaSmoKer

:D :D ;D

Aint it  :D

You gots allot on your smokin plate there. You going with Hickory on the cheese.

Yup might as well smoke the cheese now, got nothing better to do  ;D

KyNola

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 13, 2011, 01:55:19 PM
You gots allot on your smokin plate there. You going with Hickory on the cheese.
Actually used the Special Blend on the cheese because it was easy to get to.  Have never used it before and had some given to me so I thought what the heck.  I will say it laid more color on the cheese than I have ever been able to obtain before. Tower temp never got beyond 72 degrees.

Pastrami will definitely be hickory smoked.  May hit the salmon with alder if I use the Bradley.  If I go with MAK it's hickory baby!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on May 13, 2011, 02:01:40 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 13, 2011, 01:55:19 PM
Actually used the Special Blend on the cheese because it was easy to get to.  Have never used it before and had some given to me so I thought what the heck.  I will say it laid more color on the cheese than I have ever been able to obtain before. Tower temp never got beyond 72 degrees.

Pastrami will definitely be hickory smoked.  May hit the salmon with alder if I use the Bradley.  If I go with MAK it's hickory baby!

I'm doing a secret cheater smoke  :D

NePaSmoKer

I think my vac sealer is about to go kaput

Tenpoint5

If your needing a new motor to pull a better seal I have my unit yet. Or I could get your unit and get the sealing strip out of it and I would have one again. Bottom right chunk doesn't look like it sucked in real tight for you so I guessed
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 13, 2011, 07:08:00 PM
If your needing a new motor to pull a better seal I have my unit yet. Or I could get your unit and get the sealing strip out of it and I would have one again. Bottom right chunk doesn't look like it sucked in real tight for you so I guessed

I was looking at that one but it is sealed, maybe just the way the pic is. Just seems to take longer to pull the vac.