• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Rotisserie

Started by Savage, April 28, 2011, 09:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage

Being a newbie here I have enjoyed reading the posts and have learned alot so far about my new digital 4R Bradley and using it.
However, I've noted in many posts that the Bradley smoker has hot (back of oven) and cold (front of oven) spots and many install additional heating elements or larger ones, fans, PID's all in an attempt to improve their smoking and cooking experience.
This has made me wonder if anyone has tried installing a rotisserie in the Bradley for a more even cooking of larger cuts of meat
like hams and roasts etc?
What we know is not much. What we don't know is enormous.

muebe

Traditional rotisserie cooking usually has a side infared burner or direct heating from the bottom. Being that the Bradley acts more like a oven with natural convection heating I do not know how well this would help. It would also make it difficult to keep a temp probe in the meat. A circulation fan would be a better option IMHO for more even heating. That being said you could always "give it a shot" and post your results ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

devo

I had a kitchen oven once that had a rotisserie in it so I can't see why it would not work. Didn't use the oven rotisserie but only once so I can't remember if it was worth it or not. Like muebe said the temp probe would be a problem and then the mounting hardware to secure it to the walls of the bradley would be another problem. I would be worried about the constant stress it would be putting on the walls with a heavy load. People in here convert everything so if your game to do it i'm sure someone could give you some sound advice. Let us know how it works out if you go for it.

OU812

beefmann

maybe a vertical rotisserie going through the vent hole on top, I have seen in some restaurants that have a vertical rotisserie  with infrared heaters that work, this set up might be the way to go

Savage

I do not wish to install a rotisserie....I was asking if anybody has installed a rotisserie? 

What we know is not much. What we don't know is enormous.

Habanero Smoker

There have been similar discussions in the past, but as far as I know no one has attempted this modifications.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GusRobin

The bradley is basically an oven. I don't think a rotisserie will make that much difference as far as heat differential and would probably be more trouble than benefit. Just my opinion.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

RAF128

One advantage might be that if it was a fat piece of meat it would baste itself ???

devo

The owner of the bar down the street from me has one of those big 6 foot tall chicken ovens. I rotates the chickens around and around till they are done. He has BBQ chicken specials every Friday and I got to say they are very tasty. I told him I could cut a hole in the side and plug my smoke generator in it and he could have even better chicken but so far he is not going for it  ::)

muebe

Install a second heating element with a on/off switch midway at the back of the cabinet. Mount the rotisserie in front of the element. The infared heat coming from the backside will penetrate meat like a normal rotisserie. Then fire up the puck burner and have at it. This setup would allow you to smoke while cooking with a rotisserie. I would name the design a "Bradley Smoketisserie" ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)