• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

A New Grill

Started by nsxbill, September 29, 2005, 10:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsxbill

Well, as luck would have it, I bought a Maker's Markā„¢ Grill from Sam's Club when they first started carrying SS propane grills.  It worked well, but since the bottom part of the grill was pot metal and regular painted steel, it rotted out.

Luckily Maker's Mark Items have a lifetime warranty.  I checked twice at customer service before even thinking of loading up a 300# grill to return it for exchange, especially since we had to carry it down about 12 steps to the driveway below the patio and deck where it was located.

The exchange was approved, and my son and I loaded up into my other pick-up, and he was to drive down to Folsom to do the swap out, meeting me after work.

I got out a little early, so gave him a call to get him moving in the direction of the store.  Suddenly I get this frantic call from him on the highway.  The grill flew out of the back of the pick-up despite him tying it down, and it was essentially in pieces, those pieces scattered up and down Highway 50 near El Dorado Hills.

He gathered up all the pieces and told me to meet him at Sam's.  He had so much adrenalin going that he said he just snatched the grill up and tossed it in the back by himself.  Yes, he is strong as an ox!

I told him we should probably just count our blessings that no one was hurt, and I would meet him at home.  He convinced me that they were going to toss it anyway, so why not try to make the exchange.

I met him there, and actually, there was no problem with the exchange, despite how many pieces it was in.  It had a warranty.  Man, I couldn't believe it!

Here are the pictures of the new grill to prove we were successful.  Of course, it didn't make them sad as I spent another $600 on the side cabinets with granite tops to go with the new grill!  I really like the new one.  It not only has an infrared burner for the rotisserie, but also has another to the right to sear steaks or whatever with.  All stainless top and bottom, in addition to stainless burner.  Very sweet!  I was going to upgrade to the 7' model, but got to thinking it would take up too damn much room, and the built in smoker was just not necessary because of the SS Bradleys I have already.

Here are a couple of pictures:

Check out the Weber Chill box to the left.  It will hold 72 cans of adult beverages or whatever else, and you just fill it, plug it in to chill stuff, then roll it to where ever you want the drinks to be available.  

One funny thing that happened during the purchase and exchange was the manager had gone on and on about how wise it was to get the Maker's Mark items with the "Lifetime" warranty.  As she was finalizing the transaction she asked me if I wanted an extended warranty.  I just smiled and told her I don't think I need a warranty for a second lifetime.  

Getting it up to the patio was another challenge, but it just fit in my DR Power Wagon-my little workhorse.  The grill is just short of 47" and it fit perfectly in the DR.   Just tied it off well, padded the sides and up the grade it went.

The granite tops were a challenge too.  The both of them weigh 175# a piece.   Assembled it is quite nice!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SoupGuy

"It will hold 72 cans of adult beverages ..."

What if I said I don't believe it will hold that many cans? Invite me over and I'll show you that it couldn't possibly hold that many as long as I am there inspecting [:p]

Of course, you MUST at least TRY the smoker part... let us know!

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

GrillinFool

All that matters is that you have a great story to go with it, and you sure do now! looks sweet and grats on all the upgrades.

calatexmex

Man you could be a food network star with that thing. LOOKIN GOOD [8D]

Mike C

Habanero Smoker

That's a great story.

I have an old Weber Genesis that is going on close to 17 years; maybe older. It on it's last leg, so if I need to replace it I will definitely get a Maker's Mark Grill.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nsxbill

Hey Hab,

If the Webber still works, I would recommend something to you.  I turned my old Weber Genesis into a large bulk coffee roaster.  I have a two pound capacity basket thing that hooks onto the rotisserie.  Just crank up the temp, and put in the rotisserie, green beans inside and listed for the 2nd crack of the beans.  I got it at //www.buzzroasters.com some time ago.  Small outfit, probably home based.  Don't even know if they are still around.  

I roast up batches at Christmas for gifts, and it is just the ticket for larger batches of fresh roasted coffee.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />Hey Hab,

If the Webber still works, I would recommend something to you.  I turned my old Weber Genesis into a large bulk coffee roaster.  I have a two pound capacity basket thing that hooks onto the rotisserie.  Just crank up the temp, and put in the rotisserie, green beans inside and listed for the 2nd crack of the beans.  I got it at &lt;www.buzzroasters.com&gt; some time ago.  Small outfit, probably home based.  Don't even know if they are still around.  

I roast up batches at Christmas for gifts, and it is just the ticket for larger batches of fresh roasted coffee.

Bill

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks for the idea. The Weber still works except for the middle burner. I replaced the burner but for some reason the middle one won't work, and I could not find anything clogging the line. I believe it's the control knob. IF or when I get my new grill I was going to give it away, but now I know there is another use for it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)