• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

how to hang ribs?

Started by fastrthanu, May 03, 2011, 06:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastrthanu

I would like to hang three racks of baby back ribs, and was wondering if I did hang them,,would they fall when they were done? How do you hang them so that doesnt happen? Thank you for you help

KyNola

No guarantee they would fall but there is a genuine possibility that they might.  I have seen rib hangers fashioned that are a single hook rather than multiple hooks.  Multiple hooks would most likely have a better tendency to cause the ribs to fall as they got close to being done.

My personal opinion is that unless it is absolutely necessary it's probably safer to lay them on a rack.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

fastrthanu

I was at a NRA convention this past weekend and the reps from Bradley were there and the one rep said he hangs them so he can fit more ribs. I didn't think to ask him about them falling off. I am only doing three racks, so I could lay them on the racks. When you do yours, do you rotate the racks from top to bottom, or just leave them?

KyNola

If you're doing the entire smoke/cook process in the Bradley I would rotate top to bottom and front to back.

If you haven't done so already check out the rib section of the forum.  TenPoint5 posted a great tutorial on doing ribs in the Bradley.  It's at the very top of the rib section.

Good luck and show us the results!

NePaSmoKer

You might have to leave some membrane on the back to keep them from falling off the hooks.