Brisket reheat

Started by thirtydaZe, June 25, 2011, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thirtydaZe

Did a 5lb brisket overnight, was done about 10 am.

Basically a last minute unplanned smoke out of boredom.

Anyhow time has come to eat this hickory smoked treat, and I need to reheat it.

What would be my most successful possibility?  It was very tender this morning so id hate it to dry out.

Btw, I havent sliced it yet.

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

GusRobin

I usually reheat in a crock pot. others have put it in foil or in a baking dish covered in foil and reheat in the oven.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

squirtthecat

Do you have any foodsaver bags?     I reheat them in the bags in a big pan of hot water..  (used a roaster oven last time)

thirtydaZe

Have it in a foil pan, so will pop it in the oven.

Should I add water? Beer?

Think just 250 till done?

DBS 6 Rack
Yoder Cheyenne 16

Meat tooth

I did a 10lb er on Friday night/Sat morning. I put it in the fridge till tonite (Sunday) I sliced it up thin and put it in a foil tray with some beef stock, covered with foil, on the grill till hot... nom nom nom good!!! OMG! it better than the first one I did two weeks ago!
Chew carefully and don't let your meat loaf.

DTAggie

MeatTooth has it.  I reheat in a foil pan with some beef stock.  Can do oven or grill.

thirtydaZe

ended up reheating in a covered foil pan.  added about 3/4 bud light, and let it roll at 250* till we could smell it.

best brisket i've ever cooked, buddy of mine was over, said it was the best he'd ever had!

DBS 6 Rack
Yoder Cheyenne 16

muebe

Quote from: thirtydaZe on June 27, 2011, 08:51:28 AM
ended up reheating in a covered foil pan.  added about 3/4 bud light, and let it roll at 250* till we could smell it.

best brisket i've ever cooked, buddy of mine was over, said it was the best he'd ever had!

So the Bud Light did not hurt the flavor that much ::) ;) :D ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

thirtydaZe ...You should have taken a big series of pictures and write up a story how you reheated your brisket and that it was awesome and send it to the budweiser company, who knows you might get famous...lol.. ;D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill