• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

BEEF BRISKET & PORK SHOULDER TOGETHER

Started by TONY FISCHER, July 04, 2011, 09:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONY FISCHER

I was told low and slow. I am currently smoking at 220 degrees. When do you stop adding smoke pucks and should the damper be fully closed?

SamuelG

I smoke fully open.  2-4 hours of smoke depending on how much smoke you like.  Smoke on a bradley is very concentrated.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

GusRobin

keep an eye on the v tray to make sure it doesn't get clogged with the drippings. I would go at 225* as measured at the lowest rack with meat. Change the water after the smoke is done (use very hot water). And vent open.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TONY FISCHER

I was told to spritz the meat with a mixture of apple juice and apple cider vinegar  but I am worried about the heat loss. I have my smoker set at 220 and started last night around 11:30 and currently I am just under 170 degrees.I dont know if I should boost the temp a little or wait it out. What do you think?

SamuelG

Is the vent wide open?

Is the element glowing red?

What's the ambient temp?

Seem your running on the smoke generator?

SamuelG

SamuelG

GusRobin

I usually go at 225*. Both briskets and butts will stall and stay at the 160 -170 ish range for a number of hours. The time will vary by butt/brisket as each is unique. During the stall the collagen is breaking down and the meat is getting tender and juicy. Once it passes the stall it will climb faster. Hang in there. My first butt I was panicking that I was doing something wrong, but the calmer voices on the forum got me to relax. So sit back, grab a drink, and contemplate how good it will end up being. Don't forget to FTC for a few hours after it hits temp. I take briskets to 185 IT at the flat part and butts to 195 then I FTC for a few hours 9anywhere from 2-4 depending on the timing.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SamuelG

Sorry is the cabinet at 170 or the IT 170?

SamuelG

SamuelG

Muskeg

Gus Robins

Well put!  I'm a rookie smoker, but your absolutely right.  Its sure easy to panic and want to through it on the oven at 550.