Smoked Captain Pork Loin... Hickup!!

Started by waterkc, October 08, 2011, 06:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

OK So I got to drinking some rum today and thought I have nice pork loin sitting here lets do something with it. I used some Grandvilles Cajun BBQ Jam and cut it with a little 100 Proof Captain. I am going to smoke it tomorrow on Apple and Cherry. Let yeah know how it goes.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

SiFumar

mikecorn.1

Kewl!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

waterkc

So it went on at 9am this morning. We will see how it goes, Stuffed if with Fuji Apples, brown sugar and Bacon simmered in Apple Juice. Should be pretty awesome. I can't wait. Just sitting at the brewery right now brewing a pilot batch of Brown Ale for the Tasting room. ye-haw!!!!!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

SiFumar

The stuffing sounds perfect with pork!  Brown ale sounds awesome right now!

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

waterkc

Well I am just wrapping up the transfer and we are drinking our Oktoberfest right now. Umm, yummy. Wife had to run out and left the meat unattended and it went a bit high. I usual pull it at about 160°ish. Then FTC until dinner. Its at 176° Dang it all! We will see how freaking dry it is. argh! o well have another Oktoberfest and let it ride.

ghost9mm

Sometimes mistakes taste real good too.....I just know it did not go to waste... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

waterkc

OK so as I thought it ended up being very tender and a smidge on the dryer side, not dry but not as juice as I like it. Over all very impressed with the flavor. Very light apple smokyness, and I would suggest that sauce to anyone that likes spice and sweet.

Can't wait to do the ribs next weekend.

waterkc

ok and the wife is totally bustin my balls about cooking with a camera and eating with it at the table.  :o

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

SiFumar