• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

ginger/honey/pineapple glazed spare ribs

Started by tsquared, November 13, 2005, 06:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

Just sent some happy guests home full of excellent ribs. I got the following recipe from Paul Kirk's "Championship BBQ".

<b>Pineappple honey Marinade</b>
2 c. chicken broth
1 cup soy
1 cup ketchup
1/2 c. pineapple juice ( I used minced fresh instead)
1/2 c. honey
1/4 cup sherry
2 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. non-iodized salt

2 slabs of 3.8 and down spareribs

<b>Ginger Honey Glaze</b>
2 T. soy
2 tsp. grated ginger
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 c. honey

1. Combine all marinade ingredients, bring to boil, simmer for 15 min.
2. Pour cooled marinade onto trimmed ribs and marinate overnight.
3.I used apple pucks for 3 hours of smoke at 200 F., door temp.
4. After smoking I slathered the ribs  in leftover marinade and wrapped them in foil then into the oven at 225 F. for 3 hours.
5. While the ribs were in the oven, I made the glaze by combining ingredients and simmering for 10 minutes then let it cool.
6. 30 minutes before serving, I pulled the ribs out and put the glaze on and then back into the oven.

I chose this recipe as a change from tomato based bbq sauced ribs and they worked out great. They were fall apart tender and the glaze at the end sent them into the heavenly category.[:p]
Give it a try, your tablemates will thank you!
T2

car54

It sounds great. Next time I do ribs I think I'll try it.  Thanks,

MWS

Tom, Sounds great. I'm going to print off this one for future use. I did baby backs last night using a dry rub only. Although they were good, I think it's time to mix it up a bit with the rib recipe's. By the way....what's "3.8 and down spareribs"

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

tsquared

3.8 and down ribs refer to the size of the slab of ribs--3.8 lbs or less. That's just what the recipe says--I did 2 1/2 trays of ribs with bacon on top to drip on them but have no idea what the actual weight was.
Tom

JJC

Wow, Tom, those sound terrific!  I've printed the recipe ut and will definitely give it a try soon.  Have you sent this to Chez for the FAQ board?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

I posted it up to Olds board for review.  I am sure Olds will move it to the right place.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

tsquared

Thanks Bill. Appreciate the effort. They were as good as advertised. My partner did not want to throw out the little bit of glaze that was left over after she tried the ribs!
Tom