• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs weekend with pics

Started by richardvoyageur, July 31, 2011, 12:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardvoyageur

I made some more ribs this weekend for the wifey and some friends.  Went with the "Award winning pork rub" off the same site that has Jan's Rub, I like it quite a bit.  For a finisher I went with 3 sauces as you can see in the pics: Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ, Bullseye and a local Apple Butter BBQ sauce.  The votes seemed to indicate the Sweet Baby Rays as the winner with Apple Butter coming a close second.

Here are the goods, enjoy:

Sell the sizzle and the steak

ghost9mm

Well they all look good to me, my wifes vote would be for sweet baby Rays,  heck I can eat ribs with most anyones sauce....lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Mike

muebe

Nice looking ribs ;)

I also like the Sweet Baby Ray's also :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SouthernSmoked

Some great looking ribs there Richard!!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

sparky1

looks pretty good to me buddy.  nice ribs.   8)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pgski

The ribs look outstanding. I'm new here. Just bought my Bradley. Can you tell me how long you cooked and smoked them for? I've read different ways.

richardvoyageur

Quote from: pgski on August 06, 2011, 03:44:27 PM
The ribs look outstanding. I'm new here. Just bought my Bradley. Can you tell me how long you cooked and smoked them for? I've read different ways.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. 

Pgski:  I did the 3-1-1 method.  3 hours of smoke (hickory/apple equally), 1 hour tightly foiled with 1/4 cup beer (apple juice if you like) and 1 hour with the sauces.  All cooking was done somewhere around 215-225.  I used a brick covered in foil to keep my temps up when I was opening up the door.  I replaced the water at the 3 hour mark and kept the damper fully open as I always do.  I let the ribs FTC (foil, towel, cooler) for about 45 minutes while we waited for everyone to show.  Oh, and I also applied a dry rub about 12 hours earlier and wrapped them in plastic wrap.  Take the ribs out 1 hour before you want to cook while you're heating up the Bradley.  That is about everything you need to do to make consistently good ribs, at least in my experience.  So far I'm 4 for 4!
Sell the sizzle and the steak

CK

Ribs look great.

I have 2 full rack of baby backs going in in 3 hours, I'm hoping they turn out as good those did. 8)

I like the labels you made for each plate.