• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Thai Chicken Sausage (with Pics)

Started by Kevin A, August 06, 2011, 12:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

Quote from: Kevin A on August 06, 2011, 06:37:25 PM
Quote from: pikeman_95 on August 06, 2011, 05:58:22 PM
When I first started reading this post I didn't look who did it. I am looking at nuts and rice and  chicken and thinking is this guy drinking his bath water. But the sausages look so great.

Kirby

Kirby—
It's a Len Poli (sonoma sausage co) recipe that I tried to stay fairly true to.
Hey, you gotta try sumpthin' new sometimes & the flavor profile for these guys is 'spot on' if you're a fan of Thai cuisine.
I like the the texture of these— uniform with a bit of crunch from the peanut. And yes, I'm happy to report that as tasty as they look, the aroma of these things AND the taste is killer.

Only change I would make is to add more chili paste as I do like my thai food spicy!

—Kevin

Kevin

After looking closer at the spices that you used I bet they are very aromatic and taste very good. I know nothing about Thai cuisine so I am kind of lost in the woods on this one. I will give you the sausage of the day award for giving this a try. They look so appealing you could save them for Christmas tree ornaments. Then when your tree lights on fire you would have something to snack on while waiting for the fire department.

Sorry about the bath water crack!! I was just in that kind of mood. I know with the cost of water where you live you can't afford to fill a bath tub with water. Up here I just jump in a lake.

by the way your did some great pics. Your presentation was excellent.

Kirby

NePaSmoKer

rdi

Kevin...My wife really wants me to make Thai Chicken Sausage and I second that idea....I've spend the last couple of hours on Len Poli (sonoma sausage co) recipe sited and googling Thai Chicken Sausage but haven't had any luck....would you point me in the right direction please....let me compliment you on a great post and super pics...

Thanks Bob

Kevin A

Quote from: rdi on August 07, 2011, 04:22:10 PM
Kevin...My wife really wants me to make Thai Chicken Sausage and I second that idea....I've spend the last couple of hours on Len Poli (sonoma sausage co) recipe sited and googling Thai Chicken Sausage but haven't had any luck....would you point me in the right direction please....let me compliment you on a great post and super pics...

Thanks Bob

Bob,  Len Poli called it "chicken peanut': http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Chicken-peanut.pdf

I wound up lightly poaching the whole batch in the turkey roaster (165-170° water) until the IT hit 165°. I wasnt comfortable leaving 'raw' poultry unfrozen for an extended period. This way, my sons can simply heat 'em up in a pan or do as we did for dinner tonight, throw a number of them on a hot grill & serve 'em up in about 7-8 minutes.

Cute little links & quite tasty!

Tenpoint5

I want a plate just like that!! I know it chicken But I think I can overlook it just this one time!! That looks GREAT!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

rdi

Kevin....really appreciate the link to Len Poli chicken peanut recipe....My feelings are exactly the same when it comes to poultry...Before I can build this recipe I have to wait on my sheep casing order to get here, find Thai hot chili sauce and ground Galangal.  I intend to hang the links in the refrigerator at 38 deg. to air dry over night, then poach half of the links till IT reaches 165-170 deg.the other half I'll poach till IT of 145-150 deg. then finish off in the 200 deg. smoker for 40 to 60 min of mild smoke or IT of 165-170 which ever comes first...Never reversed smoke anything before, hope it works...Thanks again Kevin.........Bob

SouthernSmoked

Man Oh Man...that looks awesome.

Great job Kevin!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

SnellySmokesEm

WOW!  This is the first chicken sausage post I have seen and that looks great.  I cant even find good chicken sausage around here.  The stuff at Publix is crap.  Nicely done my friend.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

DTAggie

Definitely have to try this.  Wife has been after me to make a chicken sausage and we love Thai food.  My question is what is appropriate on cooking, freezing etc.?  All sausage I have made (which is little) I smoke and has some cure in it.

Kevin A

Quote from: DTAggie on August 08, 2011, 09:25:00 PMMy question is what is appropriate on cooking, freezing etc.?  All sausage I have made (which is little) I smoke and has some cure in it.
From this site: http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-making/cooking-meathttp://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-making/cooking-meat

Meats that were not cured and smoked should be cooked to the following temperatures:

Fish should reach 145° F (63° C) as measured with a food thermometer.
All cuts of pork to 160° F (72° C).
Ground beef, veal and lamb to 160° F.
All poultry should reach a safe minimum internal temperature of 165° F (74° C).
Leftovers to 165° F.