• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hey, I got a box too!

Started by deb415611, September 14, 2011, 03:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

Looking forward to seeing what you do with that starter Deb.  Baking rolls tonight from the starter Sonny brought to me at MWSO II.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: KyNola on September 14, 2011, 07:52:29 PM
Looking forward to seeing what you do with that starter Deb.  Baking rolls tonight from the starter Sonny brought to me at MWSO II.

X2

OU812

Quote from: hal4uk on September 14, 2011, 07:33:51 PM
U have FOUR fridges?

Me?

Yes sir,,,and a bunch of freezers,,,,,,,,,,,,also got another fridge just sittin around unplugged.  ::)

Smokin Soon

I have never had any problems with multiple starters in the same fridge. Sonny was telling me his mom would put a pan of rolls in the fridge after the first rise and bake in the AM. That's when I found the issue with the sourdough starters. I have 4 active starters and everyone is happy, and they all get along well. When I put sweetrolls in the same fridge, after the first rise, they seem to say "Hey, this is San Francisco, WE RULE! Wish I could send some SF sourdough starter to you, but it just does not work well elsewhere. Friggen microbes or something.

Quarlow

Hey Deb, the starter that went threw my place smelled like High explosive.  ;D ;D Ok it didn't smell like it but it sure acted like it. BANGO
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Smokin Soon on September 14, 2011, 08:03:22 PM
I have never had any problems with multiple starters in the same fridge. Sonny was telling me his mom would put a pan of rolls in the fridge after the first rise and bake in the AM. That's when I found the issue with the sourdough starters. I have 4 active starters and everyone is happy, and they all get along well. When I put sweetrolls in the same fridge, after the first rise, they seem to say "Hey, this is San Francisco, WE RULE! Wish I could send some SF sourdough starter to you, but it just does not work well elsewhere. Friggen microbes or something.

I have read that. That is crazy. Like the yeast is floating thru the air.

OU812

Quote from: Smokin Soon on September 14, 2011, 08:03:22 PM

I would really like to give that famous "San Francisco"  starter a shot.  ;)

I know its in the water,,,,,,, but....................

Smokin Soon

QuoteI would really like to give that famous "San Francisco"  starter a shot

Just PM yer addy if you want to try, but others outside the area have reverted to the one you have, the Oregon Trail one. The folks I know with the Oregon Trail starter that wanted more of a SF taste have gone to 24 hrs in the fridge, 8 hr second rise for the increased sour.
For an extra kick, throw in a pack of dried onion soup, a healthy sprinkle of garlic juice and a handfull of fresh parm. It's all fun stuff if you have the time. My friends overseas in the tropics have to add a couple of tbs of white vinegar to get the taste they like. Could be the climate, but those guys drink too much.

OU812

Quote from: Smokin Soon on September 14, 2011, 08:48:07 PM
QuoteI would really like to give that famous "San Francisco"  starter a shot

Just PM yer addy if you want to try, but others outside the area have reverted to the one you have, the Oregon Trail one. The folks I know with the Oregon Trail starter that wanted more of a SF taste have gone to 24 hrs in the fridge, 8 hr second rise for the increased sour.
For an extra kick, throw in a pack of dried onion soup, a healthy sprinkle of garlic juice and a handfull of fresh parm. It's all fun stuff if you have the time. My friends overseas in the tropics have to add a couple of tbs of white vinegar to get the taste they like. Could be the climate, but those guys drink too much.

I'm game, learn me more, please.

deb415611

12 hours and we have bubbles  8)   it's at the same level but it's looking happy so far

pensrock

nice score Deb, Sonny has been busy.  :)

Knowing Deb she'll do something special with the starter.  :)