• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hey, I got a box too!

Started by deb415611, September 14, 2011, 03:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

Sonny has been busy!  I received a box from him the other day too.  He was going to send me some starter and asked if there was anything from Texas that I needed........  I told him I couldn't get decent tortillas here and I bet they had them there.  So .......     some starter, tortillas, some cool fruit butters and some mexican candies.......

I have opened the starter and hmmmm  - it smells like starter  :D    Now to get it rehydrated and start using it.......

THANKS Sonny!!

grnhs

unexpected treats are the best!
nice job sonny

TestRocket

Very nice snag there Deb!

That Sonny...! One big heart!  ;D

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

OU812

Great score deb!

Cant wait to see what you come up with usin that starter.

You go Sonny, keep this up and the post office will be outta debt in no time.  ;D

SouthernSmoked

Nice haul Debbie...That Sonny is a pretty good guy!

Well I don't know about pretty but a good guy.....yeah that works. ;D

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

NePaSmoKer

Nice deb

That Sonny is a swell guy  ;D

Smokin Soon

Nice! Being from Cali, it's hard to imagine not having a good source for tortillas. Too many choices from competing local sources here. Wish you luck with the starter. Don't know what your water is like over there. Here, I can only use bottled water with it. If you have sourdough starters in the fridge, don't make rolls to bake the next day and put in the same fridge. I really do not understand the science behind that, but the 2 times I did that....not good. If I cover with plastic and store in the garage fridge, all is well as it has never had any sour starters in it.

ronbeaux

Don't stop by Sonny's house unless you have a lot of room left to put stuff.  8)
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

squirtthecat

classicrockgriller

Well a Special Lady deserves a special gift.

Hope you enjoy it and I will have the re-hydration instructions up soon.

Kinda had a hard time with this last one.

deb415611

Quote from: Smokin Soon on September 14, 2011, 06:13:11 PM
Nice! Being from Cali, it's hard to imagine not having a good source for tortillas. Too many choices from competing local sources here. Wish you luck with the starter. Don't know what your water is like over there. Here, I can only use bottled water with it. If you have sourdough starters in the fridge, don't make rolls to bake the next day and put in the same fridge. I really do not understand the science behind that, but the 2 times I did that....not good. If I cover with plastic and store in the garage fridge, all is well as it has never had any sour starters in it.

I always use bottled water for baking and my starter.

Thanks for the tip.  If I proof in the fridge I proof in the basement fridge,  the starter I have lives in the kitchen fridge so I should be all set. 

Have you had any problems with keeping two diffrent starters in the same fridge?

deb415611

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 14, 2011, 06:28:20 PM
Well a Special Lady deserves a special gift.

Hope you enjoy it and I will the the re-hydration instructions up soon.

Kinda had a hard time with this last one.

It's in water already  - I'm going to use the method I used for the starter I used.  It's been going strong for 3 or 4 years

I'll document as I go.  Hopefully I won't kill it

OU812

Quote from: deb415611 on September 14, 2011, 06:29:50 PM
Quote from: Smokin Soon on September 14, 2011, 06:13:11 PM

I always use bottled water for baking and my starter.

Thanks for the tip.  If I proof in the fridge I proof in the basement fridge,  the starter I have lives in the kitchen fridge so I should be all set. 

Have you had any problems with keeping two diffrent starters in the same fridge?

I havent.

When I do up a starter I do them a week apart (sourdough one week sweetdough the next)and proof on top the fridge or in the oven.

Cant do in the man fridge cause it smells like a sausage house (I like that) and the fridge in the garage is full of fresh eggs.

No room in the fridge in the smokin shed,,,,,,,,,its full of adult beverages and stuff.  ::)