• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

TurPigHen and Sausage Stuffing

Started by waterkc, October 14, 2011, 11:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

Ok so I got a wild hair and wanted to do a Turducken this weekend. Sadly the local stores around us don't have Duck yet.  Umm Sh!t! Ok so what do we always fall back on when there is no Duck. Yep, you guessed it. Piggy, Glorious Pig. So we did a Turpighen with stuffing. Its going to smoked on Apple and Maple. I added some of the Gizmo's Special Hot Seasoning that he left with me. So I figured something light and sweet would be nice. I am going to go for about 5 hour of smoke. See how it comes out.

Dressed and read for some heat.  ;D

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

Keymaster

mikecorn.1

Turpighen. I likes it. Anymore pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

waterkc

Sure here is the Turkey all deboned, what a pita to debone a turkey. I looked at the package its actually a 14lbs turkey, them suckers are tough. Not as easy as a chicken, the poor little hen just got crushed under my will after fighting with the Turkey,  ::)

So I missed the shots of doing the chicken or with the layers of stuffing. It was late by that time and we were through a few drinks. hickup.

I just slide him into the smoker and will get some shots on the way out. Not sure how long it will take to get this guy up to where he needs to be. I am going set the smoker for about 250 and crank the timer for 9:40 and watch the Maverick see what happens. I let it sit out for about an hour and it still only at 52 internal. So I am sure that will slow it down a bit. I was hoping for it to be ready by 5 but I am not thinking it will be. The smoke for 4.40 and then I might just put it i the oven at 350 until its done. Debating that in my head right now. Let ya'll know how it turns out. I can't wait the back yard smells awesome.

We rubbed it with Italian Seasoning, Rose Mary, Home Made Garlic Olive Oil, Paprika, Onion,  Garlic. Which the image I loaded first. Very Stoked to see how this goes. The Neighbors hate it when I do this as the two to three house's away they can smell it. lol. Captain KM and his wife blame me for there Cravings. lol... Which just gives Kirk and excuse to use his new Primo. Man I tell yeah that is one awesome piece of equipment.

So Once it comes out I will let ya know how it goes.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

Sailor

I am watching this thread.   ;D  This really looks good. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

OldHickory

Now this is different, but it could be good :o, will definitely be watching this one.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

SiFumar

Watching this one also!  I'm wondering how far the smoke goes in it.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

jiggerjams

Looks fantastic!! Is it done yet?

SS- that made me laugh.

3rensho

Looks great so far.  Can't wait for the money shot!!
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

OU812

Sooooooooooooooo, howd that TurPigHen turn out for ya?