• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

salt and vinegar chicken wings.

Started by Rad Rich, October 14, 2011, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad Rich

Hey guys,
I just had some salt and vinegar chicken wings and they were amazing.  Does anybody have a receipe for these?
yum yum
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

hal4uk

Nope... but sounds interesting.  ;)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

SiFumar

No...but if you find one...post it please.

Smokin Soon

Might want to try a basic brine of equal parts of soy , white vinegar, and 7-up for a start. Just a thought.

Habanero Smoker

I did a fast google and there are many variations out there. Did the ones you tried have a sauce, or some type of breading, or just seasoning on the skin.

I've seem some recipes that have a vinegar and salt sauce, another that used crushed salt & vinegar potato chips as a coating; using vinegar and egg mix batter. Also I have seen many places that sell spice and herbs which sell powdered vinegar. I can see mixing that in with salt, some other seasonings and coating the wing right after they have cooked.

You may also want to use the brine I use for Cornell Chicken:

•4 quarts water
•7 cups cider vinegar
•1/2 cup pickling salt
•4 (3 1/2-to 4-pound) whole chickens, halved

Marinade 1 – 2 hours. (2 - 4 hours for extra tang, but no longer then 4 hours}

This make about 5 quarts of brine, and it will brine four whole chickens. So reduce the recipe if you don't have that many wings. For wing I would not brine more then one hour.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Rad Rich

That all sounds interesting.  The wings were actually from a jewel grocery store in Chicago.  I know that sounds stupid.  I saw the wings ans I love the salt and vinegar chips.  Bought a pound of the wings and they were great.  They were not breaded and the sauce was kind of cooked on.  I want to try a recipe but can't find one. I will try some of the above suggestions though.  Smoking salmon today.  I brine overnight in a maple syrup and sea salt brine(a tablespoon of dried herbs and a couple squirts of red hot).  Then nice sprinkle of my favorite rub, salt pepper, slight glaze with a nice thick terriaki, and then a small dab of mango chutney. A small sprinkle of dried herbs for some color then into the Bradley.  Very good.  I want to try the salt and vinegar wings though.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Rad Rich

Thank you for those receipes I will try some this weekend.

Habanero Smoker

This must be a new trend. Yesterday I was at Price Chopper, and they were selling Vinegar & Salt wings. I asked for a sample. Both the vinegar and salt flavor was very mild,and the meat tasted like the Cornell Chicken I make. This Saturday I will be going to another Price Chopper at which I have a nephew who is the deli manager.

I'll sample one there, and ask my nephew a few questions. Price Chopper likes to prepare their hot deli foods from scratch. Hopefully the wings are prepared on site, and not just frozen, preseasoned and fried right out of the package.

I
         don't
                   inhale.