Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

mikecorn.1

Cool. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

Sure am waiting to see how these turn out!

zueth

RFT

Seeds turned out great.  sorry no pics :-[ I did these for a neighbor and he grabbed em before I had a chance to get a picture. BUT I have more to do so I will post some smoked seeds soon.

First tray was a learning experience.  They went in the garbage. over done and I had a little problem using some modified big chief jerky  racks.  I found out what the max temp is, and melting point, of these racks.  just a tad over 175 degrees F.   OOPS! :o   As luck would have it I was using frog mats on the rest of the racks. 
N.P.

mow_delon

That looks interesting, but I gotta ask a couple questions.  Do you brine the seeds or season them at all?  How do you know when they are done?  What do pumpkin seeds taste like?

RFT

Didn't brine just seasoned with some salt.

When are they done?  I taste them as I am smoking them.  You don't want them to get to well done or they are really dry and flaky.

I don't know how to describe how they taste except to say like pumpkin seeds.    :)

N.P.

SnellySmokesEm

Nice.  Pumpkin seeds are my favorite part of carving the pumpkin.  I just toss in oil and season with garlic and salt then into the oven at 300.  Once they start to brown up a little i stir in some melted butter then put back into oven until done or browned all the way.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist