• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Creative ideas for whole chickens?

Started by thirtydaZe, November 06, 2011, 12:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thirtydaZe

3rd week with the stick burner, but going to just do 2 whole chickens once again.  Time today is an issue but its mandatory i go out and play.

Anyhow i use 1 chicken for sandwiches for the week, but does anyone have any creative ideas for me for the other chicken?

Kind of want to do steaks or chops for dinner but if someone has a great idea chicken related id love to hear.

Sadly i wont be able to play until 330 today.....

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

thepro8

For my sandwich chicken here is what I do.

Inject a whole chicken with franks red hot sauce. Smoke for about 4 hours at 240 with mesquite wood. When done remove and discard the skin. Then pull the meat, chop it up, add some more franks.  serve in a wheat pita with crumbled blue cheese. You can add lettuce and tomato if you want.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Stickbowcrafter

I smoked some wild turkey legs and used them in my wife's home made chicken pot pie recipe. Awesome comfort food when the temperature starts to drop.

-Brian

SiFumar

Chicken Rice Squares

1 cooked chicken
2 Tbs butter
1 small minced onion
1 garlic clove minced
2 cups chicken stock (or bouillon)
2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 c uncooked rice
3 eggs
3/4 c heavy cream
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 pkg (10oz  each) frozen chopped spinach (thawed and liquid pressed out)
1 c shredded Swiss cheese

Cut chicken in bite size pieces, set aside.  In sauce pan, melt butter, add onion and garlic cook till tender.  Add chicken stock and 1 tsp salt. Bring to boil, add rice.  Return to boil reduce heat to low.  Simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.  In bowl beat eggs, cream, cayenne pepper and 1 tsp salt.  Add chicken, rice, spinach and 3/4c of cheese. mix well. Pour into a greased pan(13"x9") packing firmly.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Cover with foil and bake @350 for 30 min, remove foil and bake 10 min longer.

This was one of my boys favorite meals.  I've used milk instead of cream...was still good but not as rich.  Also have used other cheeses.

thirtydaZe

Great Ideas everyone!  Way more creative than what we ended up eating....

Started like so:

Had 2 of these to start but the dog grabbed one when not looking:

The only one i thought to grab a pic of:

The Rib:

I actually did this just to make something other then chicken, turned out very good

No creativity, but was good to go.

We end up eating a lot of chicken, i like to have them for sandwiches at lunch time, thanks to you guys, we'll be finding better dishes to bird up with.

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

ghost9mm

Yes Sir...the money shot is a winner for sure, looks like someone else likes lots of black pepper... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

cajunboudreaux

Laissez les bon temps rouler

OU812

That all looks gooood.

And that there plate of grub is just right for me,,,,,,,,just about enough black pepper.

Quarlow

One thing I have wanted to do but haven't yet is to debone a complete chicken and then stuff it and roll it, tie it up and smoke/cook it. Maybe even put a bacon weave on.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

GoCobbers95

Quote from: Quarlow on November 11, 2011, 09:26:48 AM
One thing I have wanted to do but haven't yet is to debone a complete chicken and then stuff it and roll it, tie it up and smoke/cook it. Maybe even put a bacon weave on.

I just watched that video of the french guy de-boning the chicken (posted in other thread on this forum) and I was thinking the SAME thing. Such good technique. Looks like it has a lot of promise.