• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My first FATTY

Started by GoCobbers95, December 05, 2011, 09:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoCobbers95

I was inspired by SnellySmokesEm's post and had to try it for myself. This is also going to be my first attempt at posting pictures so please bear with me...

I rolled and smoked the fatty over thanksgiving. Had a pickier crowd to please so I was forced to avoid anything that resembled peppers (as much as I wanted to use them). I also had to cook it to a slightly higher IT than I was hoping to. But I believe it did turn out.

Ingredients

1lb Hamburger
1lb Italian Sausage
1lb Bacon

Corn
Green Onion
Mushrooms
Creamed spinach
Tomato
Cheese

Smoked using the only bisquettes I had, Apple. Wish smoke would have penetrated more. Thinking next time I may smoke the log without bacon wrapped adding bacon blanket after smoke time. I finished in the oven to better crisp bacon.

Pictures to follow...

GoCobbers95

Caneyscud

That had to one big fatty.  Possibly the MOAF  (Mother of all Fatties).  Interesting combination.  You can also put the bacon inside rather than just outside.  Cook and crumble and throw a handful in. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

GoCobbers95

rigstar

yes they did
looks great!!!
how was taste w/ apple?
its on my todo list
either your in, or your in the f***ing way

GoCobbers95

The smoke that did penetrate was good, I was just hoping for a more pronounced smoke taste. Maybe hickory next time?

SnellySmokesEm

Glad i could inspire you GoCobbers! It looks awesome.  Thats the beauty of 'em.  The possibilities are endless!  I'm not sure what temp you smoked at but maybe you could bump it down to 180-200 and smoke with a stronger wood for longer.  Then when you are about 15-20 degrees from your desired IT finish in the oven.  Again, well done buddy!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

mikecorn.1

Nice looking fattie. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

You done good!  Yummy looking fatty!

Tenpoint5

Aint nothing wrong with that Fattie. You done good right out of the box on a first attempt. Thats the beauty of this hobby of ours even our mistakes taste good. Now you get to make another one and try something different
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jiggerjams

I'd take a hack of that!