• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs and Pulled Pork

Started by begolf25, February 13, 2006, 06:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowWood

The windchill and temp shows that you are going to have winds about 35 MPH!!!

Check: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/windchill/  to confirm.  But even at lower winds, I would say the issue is most definetly the winds, more than the temps.

At that you are going to me loosing a LOT of heat from the bradely.

How about this, I have  done it and its not to bad.

Smoke at night (before going to bed) with garage door open, with a fan sending the smoke out the open door.  Depending how far out you have the bradely you may not get ANY smoke coming inside.  

then once the smoke is over, 3 to 4 (I would do 4 unless you do not like smoke as much) and all you have is general heat coming out, and all pucks are extinguished, change water bowl.  Then bring smoker INTO garage and close the door and go to bed.  The smoker is only releasing heat and moisture at that point and no real smoke at all will be coming out.  

Talk this to your Wife and see if she is willing.

I have done this and no residual smoke smell exists.  My cold smoking box dominates all smells in there.

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

begolf25

Thats a good idea.  I just checked the weather again and they say 23 degrees with winds 10 mph with gusts up to 22 mph.  I may try to get the smoking done before I go to bed since its a little milder today then it will be tonight then cook it in the garage like you said.  Thanks for the help.