• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bacon wrapped chicken!

Started by mathew2172, April 28, 2012, 08:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathew2172

So i made my first chicken breasts tonight. I rubbed them with Olive Oil, rubbed in some Bad Byrons Butt Rub, wrapped them in bacon. Smoke for 1.5 and then finished with a hour, took them out put them in the broiler for 20 minutes to finish them off. Enjoy guys!

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SiFumar

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

mikecorn.1

Those look real good. That is the first thing I ever made in my Bradley. It was a hit. Nice work. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ratherbboating

That looks good.  But then again, anything wrapped in bacon is good.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

slowpoke

Good looking Breasts,nice smoke mathew2172
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

ghost9mm

Looks like a winner for sure, makes me hungry just lookin at them...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Smoker John

That looks really good, nicely done
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Rye-Guy

Im going to try the same thing with thiges tomorrow, i thought id try jans rub on them them rap with bacon, what type of wood are you using and you say 1.5 hours. What temp is that then just finish them off  on broil . Why do you do that.

KyNola

Those look great!  Here's a nice variation of your dish.  Pound the breasts flat, add thin slices of deli ham and a slice of your favorite cheese.  Provolone is what I use.  Tightly roll up and then wrap in bacon, lots of it.

Rye-Guy, the Jan's Rub will be awesome on your dish.  My wife is Jan and we developed the Rub for poultry.  Thanks for giving it a try.

mathew2172

I used Hickory, i think this next weekend im gonna do them again using apple and stuff them with cheese. I used smoke for 1.5 at 225 then cooked them for a hour. I used the broiler just to crisp the bacon!

The542

BDS4 w/ cold smoke adapter
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

destrouk

wow ...guess im doing this real soooooon