Jerky question

Started by Hedlyna, July 09, 2012, 03:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedlyna

I want to try to make jerky but don't know where to start. Do I need jerky trays?

Adam

Sailor

You can lay whole muscle meat on the Bradley trays and be just fine.  If you are doing GB then you need some frog mats.  As far as I am concerned, Frog mats are a must have for the Bradley.   They sure come in handy for doing nuts, cheese, GB jerky and other things that would have a risk of falling apart and going thru the tray.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Consooger

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

mikecorn.1

Frogmats!!! Work great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

DADAKOTA

You can make lots of jerky in a dehydrator in lieu of using the smoker.  No frog mats needed for that.

SNIPERS215

Just ordered 4 frog mats from there. Along with 3 bubba pucks and a couple boxes of the bisquettes.  hahahaha
YOUR BIGGEST ADVERSARY... HIDES IN THE MIRROR

Hedlyna

Alright guys, last time I used London broil, not much fat. This time I used flank steak that was pretty well marbled. I put two and a half tablespoons of tender quick in with two pounds of meat. Did I mess up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Consooger

I don't use tenderquick. I have pink salt which I use with my jerky so I really can't answer your question on this.

John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife