• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

maverick 2 probe thermometer temp issues

Started by darrm1, August 03, 2012, 10:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrm1

Has anyone had any issues with their maverick thermo.  I have smoked a few times prior to getting the maverick,  set the digital bradly to 220 and the meat cooks within the expect time frame.  I then purchased the dual probe maverick and it reads 100 deg lower then the digital thermostat on the bradly,  almost exactly 100 deg lower.  I know this can't be correct,  or I would be cooking at 120 deg and nothing would cook. 
The last time I fired up the bradly,  I dropped the temp probe through the air outlet on the top and had it dangling in the center of the smoker,  no racks installed, and it would read 100 deg lower,  all the way to 220.
I should also add,  that I have double checked to make sure I am using the correct inputs on the thermo,  and I was using the temp probe not the meat probe.

Whats the deal,  did I get a bad one??

thanks
mark

Habanero Smoker

There are several Maverick models that have dual probe, but in this case I don't believe the model matters.

Have you check to make sure that the probe connectors are inserted all the way?

Make sure your monitor is displaying fahrenheit and not Celsius.

Try inserting fresh batteries.

Next check the accuracy of your probes. The below link explains how, just don't fully submerge the probes, or you will short them out.

Testing Thermometers For Accuracy

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mikecorn.1

The maverick probes might have gotten moisture inside them if you've used them a bit. If that's the case, you can put the ends in your home oven for a while to get the moisture out. Then deal them with some Rtv red sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike