• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Country Style hunks of pork

Started by OU812, August 06, 2012, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Made up some country style ribs the other day, cant figure why they call them "ribs"  ::)
First off give them a 30 min tumble in this stuff  ;D

After the ride let them drip wile the smoker comes up to temp

Wile the pork was cruzin in the tumbler I made up a pan of mac N cheese

The mac N cheese On "Big Red" wile the pork was in the Bradley a smokin at 250 F

Were gettin there

Done

After the smoke time the pork got a nice slather of Head Country and back in to let the sauce set

I did the fork test on these,,,,,,,,,Ya baby

Mmmm mm mmm

Missed the money shot but them hunks of pork were soooo moist N tender,,,,Oh,,,My,,,Gaud
The mac N cheese was like a meal in itself,,,,Heck Ya!
Taby cooked up some sweet stuff to finish off this fine meal

OH Yeah!

hal4uk

Pork looks great --- The MAC looks over-the-top!!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

GusRobin

Quote from: OU812 on August 06, 2012, 06:20:57 PM
Made up some country style ribs the other day, cant figure why they call them "ribs"  ::)

Same reasoning for calling it a "McRib" sandwich
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Nice looking meal.

A lot of places sell strips off the butt or loin and called them country style ribs. True country style ribs are cut from the end of the loin that meets the shoulder. That area contains about three to four small bones that are not considered ribs. This cut of meat is similar to baby back ribs, and are cooked the same, but they tend to have more flavor and texture. You can purchase them with or without the bone. With the bone, you will notice the bone is more round than flat. They are a prize cut to those who know about them, so a lot of market sell strips of meat and call them country style ribs.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

I just look for the pale lean lookin hunks of meat when the country style ribs go on sale  ;D