• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Eating Pulled Pork

Started by PMillen, August 17, 2012, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

stuffed peppers or pulled pork pizza with your fav BBQ sauce
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Smokeville

Quote from: PMillen on August 20, 2012, 03:36:14 PM
How could I overlook poutine, Smokeville.  I guess it's 'cause I always ate it after hours.  I'm from Minnesota and North Dakota, played my Junior hockey in Canada and went to school in Grand Forks, ND.

I'm doin' it!  My kids will creep up on it and my grandchildren will order out.

Last November my wife and I visited Montreal. We live in Oakville, Ontario. So we made reservations at Chuck Hughes' restaurant. He's the chef who beat Bobby Flay on Iron Chef. One of his signature dishes is Lobster poutine, so I had to have that. It was amazing.

But the next night we went to Martin Picard's restaurant, Au Pied de Cochon, which means Pig's Foot. He used to have a show on Food Network Canada called The Wild Chef, which he really is. One of his signature dishes is Poutine with Foie Gras. $23, and remains one of the best 5 things I have ever eaten. You gain 10 lbs just looking at it.

Rich

DTJ

For a cuban sandwich, many variations but here is the basic.  Cuban bread or hoagie/sub roll, pulled pork, sliced ham, swiss cheese, yellow mustard and dill or hamburger pickles.  Layer everything and press in a sandwich or panini press  or a large fry pan with a aluminum wrapped brick to flatten it while it toasts.

Very good