• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Redi Check ET-73

Started by Brady Smoker!, September 11, 2012, 11:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brady Smoker!

I know thia probably isnt in the right topic for this, i found a Maveric Redi Check ET73 for 39.99, just wondering if thats a good price (canadian) and how well the thermometer works.
Thanks
BDS 4 RACK

mikecorn.1

The first one I got was a 73. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to open the battery compartment on one of the units to turn it on and off. The range is good for the price. I never had a problem with it. but I never was more than 50ft away either. Mine finally went out and started to read 12f higher on the food side so I got the new 732. I will occasionally  use the 73 along with the 732 and just subtract 12 from the temp. It's internal and not a bad probe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

GusRobin

there is a mod you can do to the 73's that improves the range tremendously. It is a simple mod of soldering a wire. (I never soldered anything in my life not even sure I am spelling it right-- and I did it with no problem. My probes finally gave out so I bought the 732. The range on the modified 73 was slightly better than what I get on the 732. But I still like the 732 - signals when signal lost, don't have to open the compartment. But if budget is an issue, aside from these 2 issues, the moded 73 worked pretty good.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Jim O

I've used a 73 for about 4 years,and except for the limited range,it's worked just fine.

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Brady Smoker!

Whats the price difference between the 72 and the 73? Budget isnt an issue i just would like a good thermometer that is a reasonable price
BDS 4 RACK

KyNola

If budget isn't an issue jump to the ET-732 which is the upgraded model of the ET-73.  They solved some of the pesky little issues that the 73 had.  Power switches on both the transmitter and receiver is on the outside.  The range has been increased and it is pretty much water proof.

Brady Smoker!

Thanks for the feed back guys i really appreciate it, i think im going to get the 72 i found it for 62.99 on amazon.ca bran new shipping included, is that a fair price?
BDS 4 RACK

Wildcat

Quote from: KyNola on September 11, 2012, 02:15:10 PM
If budget isn't an issue jump to the ET-732 which is the upgraded model of the ET-73.  They solved some of the pesky little issues that the 73 had.  Power switches on both the transmitter and receiver is on the outside.  The range has been increased and it is pretty much water proof.

Ditto
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

GusRobin

Quote from: Brady Smoker! on September 11, 2012, 03:37:54 PM
Thanks for the feed back guys i really appreciate it, i think im going to get the 72 i found it for 62.99 on amazon.ca bran new shipping included, is that a fair price?
The 72 ? do you mean 732? You can get the 732 for $58 and some change at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=maverick+732&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=4241779537&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3623567411425970123&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_1jfzow6wna_e
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TedEbear

Quote from: Brady Smoker! on September 11, 2012, 03:37:54 PM
i found it for 62.99 on amazon.ca

Quote from: GusRobin on September 11, 2012, 07:47:25 PM
The 72 ? do you mean 732? You can get the 732 for $58 and some change at Amazon

Canadian price may be slightly higher.

Brady Smoker!

I found the 732 for 35.99...Sold!
BDS 4 RACK

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Brady Smoker! on September 12, 2012, 07:39:42 AM
I found the 732 for 35.99...Sold!