• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Rubbed another butt today....

Started by squish, December 06, 2013, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squish

and threw together a couple of sauces to go with it. We've got the Police Department Christmas pot luck tomorrow night, so I thought I'd bring a little butt.

Saber 4

those ought to be some happy LEO's after you show up with that butt! And this being a family friendly forum I'll leave the obvious jokes thought but unsaid...

squish

Finished product...

It was 9.25lbs and  cooked for a little over 16 hours. With the weather we had yesterday (cold, windy, and snowing) I cheated and had to finish it in the house. Since the BDS was struggling to maintain anything over a 190* temp.....even with the cooker temp maxed out at 320*. I'm still fairly new to smoking meat, but I've noticed a few things. My briskets irregardless of weight (up to 15lbs) all seem to be finished right at the 12 hour mark. Or just over a hour/lb. Boston butts (both had similar weights) seem to take up to 2 hours/lb. Is anyone else having the same kind of results?

Saber 4

That looks good, none of my butts have cooperated by cooking in the same time frame. I'm going to start smoking in the Bradley and moving to the SRG now that I have that tool in my arsenal.

squish

The spread at dinner was HUGE. Apparently this stuff was a huge hit. Not only was there no left overs, I had several people ask me how much I'd charge to do one for them.

Saber 4

Quote from: squish on December 07, 2013, 05:26:36 PM
The spread at dinner was HUGE. Apparently this stuff was a huge hit. Not only was there no left overs, I had several people ask me how much I'd charge to do one for them.

That's why some of us cook double what we think we need, I gotta have leftovers. ;D