Tin foil

Started by Jackknifecreek, December 27, 2014, 10:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackknifecreek

It says in the instruction manual of the BS611 to not use tin foil as it may cause damage to the smoker. I have seen on Youtube and read in the forum that use tin foil in the 2-2-1 method. Is this OK?

How do you know when they are done for sure? Is there a temperature of the meat to let you know when they are done?

TedEbear

Did you read through the How to Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial thread yet?  It will help get you started. 

I use foil for the second phase of smoking ribs.  It is called the Texas Crutch.  I believe the concern with using foil int he Bradley is if someone covers the trays with it and grease cannot drain down into the drip pan and thus could lead to a fire.

GusRobin

I don't think it is in reference to wrapping the meat in foil. It has to do with wrapping the racks or the drip tray in foil.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

dave01

I use it in mine all the time, just don't cover the racks with it so that the drippings can get to the bowl at the bottom

Jackknifecreek

Thanks guys,

I appreciatte the help. The foil thing now makes way more sense.

Great reference Ted on the Bradley Pictorial. Definately confirmed that I am on the right track. 1st hour is officially done and anxiously waiting for the second to pass so I can go to the next step. What a great time!!!

GusRobin

if you are married, make sure you rub a little bit of soot on your cheeks and say how hard this is and its too bad you have to just sit there watching it while sipping an adult beverage.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Jackknifecreek

Sorry for the delay in replying but got tied up with the holiday and we have been having sub zero temps here so needless to say not a lot of smoking going on but it is supposed to warm up this weekend so away I go.

Ribs turned out awesome and everybody like them even my 2 year old son who up to this point not been a big meat eater. Yet another good selling point. I was amazed how easy it was with the help from y'all.

Nice touch with the soot on my cheeks. My wife did think I slaved all day. Thanks for the tip!!

I woulda send pics but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry

Orion

Glad it all worked out for you. No need to apologise about pictures, it is a learning curve. See my signature for direction to post pictures. 
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

TedEbear

Quote from: Jackknifecreek on January 02, 2015, 06:10:38 PM
I woulda send pics but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry

1. Upload your pic(s) to a free host site, such as Photobucket.
2. Next to each pic is an IMG box. Left click in that box and the contents will automatically be copied onto your clipboard.
3. Paste those contents into a message on here.
4. It is not necessary but if you want to see if it worked before posting your message you can click on the Preview button.

Hint: If you think you might be using Photobucket for eventually storing lots of pics it is a good idea to create different folders for each theme such as Food, Hobbies, Cars, etc.  Just make sure you upload them to the appropriate folder. Keeping your Photobucket pics organized makes them much easier to find later on. 

Habanero Smoker

You may also want to take a look at the below link. It may be lengthy, but it includes a few tips on setting up your account.

Posting Pictures Using Photobucket

Photobucket often changes the steps on how you to set up and account, and how to post pictures, but the pictorial remains accurate.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Jackknifecreek

Thanks guys I will check it out for sure.