• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sugar instead of Salt to Cure?

Started by Carolinasmoke, October 13, 2006, 04:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headgames

sorry for the delay .  not on the comp much ............  but there is a mix where you take 25# of ground meat mix it with the seasoning cure ...  pack it in 9X13 cake pans 1 1/2 " thick ( HINT- put plastic bag as liner under the meat - expirence once again .LOL)  let it cure and firm up for 24 hours . Then take it out of the pans lay the  masses of meat straight out of the pans on to screened racks .  smoke just like sausage and bring to internal temp of 152 degrees ........  take out of smoker. let cool for a couple of hours at room temp then put in refrigerator for 24 hours . comes out solid as a slab of bacon .  then slice on the slicer to desired thickness .... AWSOME ........ just like the commercial product SISSILE LEAN ! Fully cooked & cured  pop a package out of the freezer and heat and eat with your eggs .  or dice some up ina a omlet . Damn hard to find the mix though, have found 1 source to sell less then case packs .( case packs do #300)  have not attempted to through together my own.......  but it is very popular with some butcher shops that process Venison for hunters as another use for venison.
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

coyote

Thanks Headgames, I'll be on the prowl for the perfect high speed beef and bacon burger.

Love that high speed beef.
                                                                                  Coyote

Mctuber

Fishing (noun) the art of casting,trolling,jigging,or spinning while frezzing, sweatin, swatting or swearing

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Mctuber on January 27, 2007, 06:03:28 AM
;D Take a look at this //www.virtualweberbullet.com/brining
Welcome to the forum (if I haven't said that yet).
That is a good site with a lot of information. Your link didn't work, so I've reposted it.
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brining.html

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Interesting theory (ies) on how brining works. ???  ;)
Manxman