Raptor Doing Its Thing

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 30, 2007, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Very similar to Rubbermaid, but it's made by SunCast.  Inside is 29" wide, 19" deep, and right at 72" tall (I think).

Skipystu

Won't it melt? Or do you let the BS site outside till it cools? I was looking for something to cook in as well as store it in. Like the person who put one in the garage with a vent and all! How sweet that would be?!

Tiny Tim

Hasn't melted yet. :D  My smoker sits on an old "end table" inside it right now, and the inside of the shed is large enough to have about 3+ inches of air around the smoker cabinet, so I don't really think heat will be a problem.

If it causes a problem, I have a direct radio link to the County Communications Center to get our local Fire Department over here (also have a key to the Fire Station). :)

I really wanted to use our garage as a smoking house, but Dad wouldn't allow it...he doesn't want the wood smoke smell "contaminating" his pickup.

Wildcat

That is not contamination - it is an additional use of a good smell.  Also saves on car freshners lol. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

That's what I thought too...especially the Hickory smoke, and usually Apple.

NePaSmoKer

I was thinking on the setup you have TT, but being my brain is aching to build something I am going that route. I'm sure i will have photos.

nepas

Tiny Tim

Yeah, I wanted to build it myself too, but I just couldn't argue the price difference between this and how I would have built it (I tend to over build badly, if a 1X2 is sufficient then a 4x6 would be better :D ).