Raptor Doing Its Thing

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 30, 2007, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Here is my new Raptor/Guru combo.
Smoking the tasso and some homemade breakfast sausage for dinner tonite. Thought I was going to get to bring everything to the deck but its too cold so in the garage it stays. Going to build a nice smoking shed close to the back deck to put BS in, Side it with a pitched roof, doors, electrical and vent.

nepas

LilSmoker

Very nice!, i've heard those things are very accurate, looks like the breakfast sausage will be done to perfection ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tiny Tim

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 30, 2007, 08:24:59 AM
Going to build a nice smoking shed close to the back deck to put BS in, Side it with a pitched roof, doors, electrical and vent.

nepas

I've already got mine in a little shed that needs some work yet.  Got plans drawn up for a shelving unit with storage underneath.  Also going to put an outlet in there with an outdoor outlet on the outside to connect it to the extension cord in my garage.  Shed cost about $125 and the shelf & wiring should be done for under $75.  Also have a roof vent to install in the top as soon as the snow/ice melts off.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tiny Tim on January 30, 2007, 10:33:52 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 30, 2007, 08:24:59 AM
Going to build a nice smoking shed close to the back deck to put BS in, Side it with a pitched roof, doors, electrical and vent.

nepas

I've already got mine in a little shed that needs some work yet.  Got plans drawn up for a shelving unit with storage underneath.  Also going to put an outlet in there with an outdoor outlet on the outside to connect it to the extension cord in my garage.  Shed cost about $125 and the shelf & wiring should be done for under $75.  Also have a roof vent to install in the top as soon as the snow/ice melts off.

Sounds like what I want to build. Post some pics when done. I prob wont get started until some good weather sits in.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

FYI

The Raptor is holding my temp at 170* exact for the past 3 hours. Going to turn it up to 185* for the last 2 hours.
See ya in chat tonite.

nepas

Tiny Tim

Here's a link to the model of shed I have...got it at Menard's a couple of weeks ago.

iceman

Quote from: Tiny Tim on January 30, 2007, 11:20:57 AM
Here's a link to the model of shed I have...got it at Menard's a couple of weeks ago.
The ole missing link trick. Waaa happen? ??? :D

Tiny Tim

Did ya click on the word "link"?

:)

iceman

Quote from: Tiny Tim on January 30, 2007, 11:31:41 AM
Did ya click on the word "link"?

:)
Yeppers. Not your falt I just found out. I'm at work and this frigging fire wall thing they have on the slope doesn't let you get to most links. Bummer. Links that stay black like the rest of the font are not useable. >:( I'll just have to wait until tonight. Thanks T.T. :)

Tiny Tim

Okay, that's cool.  Sorry ya have to wait to see such a masterfully built shed.  ;D ;D ;D

LilSmoker

Why wait?

Haha! sorry i couldn't resist it!  ;)

Hey Tiny Tim, i looked at something very similar and slightly bigger over here in the u.k., i think adding a vent/chimney would make it very suitable ;)

iceman

LilSmoker

Tiny Tim

Quote from: LilSmoker on January 30, 2007, 12:02:27 PM
Why wait?

Haha! sorry i couldn't resist it!  ;)

Hey Tiny Tim, i looked at something very similar and slightly bigger over here in the u.k., i think adding a vent/chimney would make it very suitable ;)

Works pretty good the way it is, but it'll be even better once I don't have to run the cord out the door.

NePaSmoKer

Hey Tiny Tim
Is that one of them rubbermaid sheds? I was looking at the big max jr shed but its way to big for the back deck. One like yours is what I need.

nepas