• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Friday Night Brisket

Started by kiyotei, July 28, 2007, 07:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiyotei

My butcher only had a 7+ lb brisket so I will just have to eat it all, damn.  I decided to use a mustard slather, then coat with a rub.  I put it in the smoker Friday at 11:30 PM and took it out at 12:30 PM on Saturday for lunch.  I wrapped it in foil and let it sit about 45 min.  I used mesquite, hickory, apple mix for the smoke.  I finally found a store in my area that sells the other wood flavors but I didn't get there till today.  I got some maple to try for my next smoke.  Anyhow the brisket turned out great.  I also bought some of my favorite BBQ sauce last week while traveling for work.  I'm a big fan of Dickey's BBQ in Dallas.  If you are ever there make sure you stop by and get some.  They even have one at the airport.  Here are some pics of brisket for ya all to drool over:))

kiyotei

here is a pic of it sliced.

Gizmo

I guess with slices that look more like pulled there is no need to ask if it was tender enough for ya. :D  I suspect there's no leftovers for the rest of us either huh?
Nice one.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Nice briskit there kiyotei

nepas

kiyotei

It actually sliced up very nicely.  About 80% sliced well and then the last 20% kinda fell apart as it sliced.  That's what you see on top.  The nice slices are underneath all that.

Wildcat

Well done!!  If you want to try some mighty fine sauce, try Iceman's Sop ' n Sauce.  Nothing else comes close IMHO.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

hillbillysmoker

Great looking effort.  Looks like it stirred the need to engage auto drool control in a effort to save my keyboard.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Dtto what they all said. Great job!!! :)

mybad

Man that just looks outstanding.

kiyotei

Stickbowcrafter