• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My butts in the frig!

Started by KyNola, May 16, 2008, 02:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

It's cold too! ;D  Two 7.5 pound pork butts painted with mustard and rubbed with Mr. Brown, wrapped in plastic wrap.  Going in the smoker tomorrow afternoon to be ready to feed my friend from Lafitte LA on Sunday.  He brought me 50 pounds of Louisiana Gulf shrimp straight off the boat so I think I owe him some pulled pork.  I'm gonna throw some of those shrimp in the smoker too brushed with a little melted butter and lightly sprinkled with Cajun seasoning.

Can't wait for Sunday!!

KyNola

Gizmo

Can't go wrong with Gulf Shrimp.  The only ones I know of that can withstand overcooking and still be tender.
Great no matter what you put them in as long as you are putting them in your mouth.  ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

OOOOOhh...smoked tequila, lime shrimp...to die for!!  I'll gladly pay you tuesday for some tequila and some shrimp today!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

KyNola

Giz and WTS,
Here's the sad part of those Louisiana Gulf shrimp.  This is probably the last generation of true Louisiana Gulf shrimpers due to the massive amounts of imported shrimp from China, Vietnam,etc.  Most shrimp boats in the area of LA that I know about are for sale.  Very small shrimp off the boat at 50 cents per pound, fuel for the boat $4.00+ per gallon, do the math.  My 50 pounds were 21-25 counts and still under $2.00 per pound.  Incredible,  buy Louisiana shrimp when possible.

KyNola

KyNola

Butts went in the smoker Saturday afternoon at 2:00.  it is now 1:00 Sunday afternoon and I'm at 174 degrees.  The plateau lasted for several hours.  Smoked and continue to cook at 210 degrees.  Smelling really good.  Some things are worth the wait!

KyNola

Smoking Duck

I want to know how you get it in the frig.....mine always seems to be in the wringer!  ;D

How'd they turn out?  My brother in law is down visiting from North Dakota, so he went and bout about 20 lbs of butt and 8 pounds of loin.  Gotta do him some pulled pork and I've got some of Habs Canadian Bacon in the dry rub as we speak.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

Duck,
So many different things to say about butt in the frig versus the wringer that I'll just pass. ;)  As for the butts, I fed 8 people Sunday afternoon, I had maybe two pounds left after they all asked for pork to take home so I assume it was OK.  I am reluctant to brag when I cook something but in all honesty, it was probably the best pulled pork I have ever eaten.  One of the gals that was there had parents that had a really good BBQ restaurant for years.  She asked me how I did the pork as she now has a Bradley.  :)  We are also fortunate that we were given a recipe for BBQ sauce from a family that did BBQ all the time.  He devised the recipe years ago and after he left this earth his widow asked if we would like the recipe.  We were honored.  I have not had the privilege of Ice's sauce but I know it must be fabulous.  If anyone would like the recipe for the sauce that our friend left to us, I'll be happy to post it in his honor.

Duck, really happy to know you're back on your feet again!

KyNola

Smoking Duck

Hey KY,

I would love for you to post the sauce recipe.  Iceman's sauce is absolutely fabulous.....I've tasted a lot of sauces in my day but it is his that I like the best. 

Thanks for the kind words, KY.  A fella can only stay down so long and then you either have to stay down or get back up.  I've got a wife and kids counting on me, so I figured I'd better get back up. 

Thanks again for posting the sauce recipe....I'd love to give it a try.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

I would love to for you to post it as well.  I have not tried to make sauce yet so this would be an excellent opportunity for me to honor your friends memory as well.
Thanks for the offer and opportunity.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I too would be interested in the recipe. I like to use a variety of sauces.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)