my brisket project

Started by SMOKEHOUSE ROB, December 17, 2004, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

started last night at 6pm put in 28lbs of briskets, 4 hours of smoke 2 oak 1 apple =2 to 1 stacked up, up at midnight to change water bowl, did not rotate racks, up at 5am, bottom rack had 3 points that i had to cut off so the flat would fit on racks, i only had 3 temp probes, so i put 1 on bottom rack , 1 on top rack and the 3rd on the second rack from bottom, at 5 am pulled bottom rack was at 190, top was at 170 and the middle racks are at 165 thicker meat, moved top rack to the bottom rack, it hit 190 at 630am pulled it, at 8am the 2 middel racks are at 170, smoker temp at 210, threw the night temp would only get to 190 to 200 ,outside was in the 30's, used bbq guru with ramp mode on ,temp is in the 40's right now, just waiting for the 3 thicker racks to get done, will turn off ramp mode, here are the pics, of the 28lbs of brisket resting in the RACK RACK for an hour before going into the bradley, sorry bad pics still working on getting better software to edit,  the 2 racks are resting in a hot ice chest , meat is for work luch party, will post more info when done,

BigSmoker

Nice rack you got there.  Sounds like you have it under control.

Brisket good[:p]

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

down to the last 2 racks, moved the second from top to the bottom at 9:30 am  it hit 190 at 10:15 pulled it, the last rack 3erd from top hit 190 at 10:45  FOIL TOWEL AND INTO THE ICE CHEST,  party at 12:30, man was stressing that i would run out of time, almost 17 hours from start to finish, i am done[:D]

Chez Bubba

Sure looks good Rob![:p] Hope the party was a success.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

tsquared

Looks fantastic Rob. I hope they enjoyed it. I am going to try my first brisket for a New Years party.
Tom

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

well i will tell you a funny story. i pull my lower back on tuesday , they sent me home for a week to rest it. i work for the city, in the street dept. our dept planned a lunch party on friday for us . my gift was i would buy the meat and smoke it. they never had brisket before. also did one up for the mechanic shop. my gift to them . because when i need something done they do it for me right then , for somebody else they would have to fill out a work order and wait , sometimes it will take weeks, LOL, Funny thing i will have managers from other dept. come to me and ask could you get this fixed. LOL. and i am just a know body. been there ten years, to get to the rest of the story. the managers threw a x-mas steak bbq for the yard on thursday. couldnt be there becuse of my back . well friday came called up the boys to come get the meat. on sat ran into one of the guys from the shop. and he said it was so tender and moist. he said i didnt want to tell anybody but it was better then the steak the managers did. LOL,